Anemone Outbreak!

HB Fisheye

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
135
Reaction score
100
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm being overrun by Anemones. I've tried using direct flow to keep them at bay or just in a certain area but no luck. I remember a time when I couldn't keep an anemone happy. Now they're too happy. What can I do?
 
Oh man I can definitely help you out there I am stocking a 200 and would happily help thin out your nem (problem?) garden.
 
I just went through the same issue. I started with one nem and it was gorgeous and perfect for the rock structure it was on. But then over the course of a year they just started taking over the tank and stinging everything around them.

I had to make the tough call to just remove them. It took me 4 months, using various techniques and I ended up pulling out 9 in total!

My tank is looking a little bare on that arch but on the plus side I’ve got prime real estate to plant some new SPS frags. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new