Anemone shipping

  • Thread starter Thread starter drtrash
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
427
Location
scottsdale, AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice on how to bag anemone and make ready to ship? Never shipped before so just going backwards on what I have received.
 
Well,an aneomne isnt a good first item to ship by any means.

What sp. of anemone is it?
 
Everytime I've received an anemone it's just had enough water in the bag to stay pretty damp, maybe 1/4water and the rest air. Not sure why they do this, but it's something to consider!
 
I dont ship like most.

I take a bag,fill it 1/4 of the way full.

Take and put the anemone in the bag.

Take oxygen and fill bag till I have about 2 inches of left over bag.

Take and double up on large rubber bands.

Seal bag with bands and use bands till the end!

Once that is done,take a tun bag on side,take and use another bag and put in on the bag upside down.

Seal the bag like before.

Take and put in a box and make sure box has styro sides with a heat/cool pack depending onm the weather!

Good luck!
 
Everytime I've received an anemone it's just had enough water in the bag to stay pretty damp, maybe 1/4water and the rest air. Not sure why they do this, but it's something to consider!

The concept behind this is that the main ingredient that the anemone needs to live is air. It doesn't matter how much water is in the bag as long is there is enough to submerge the anemone, thus providing it with it's means to absorb the air and release carbon dioxide. So if you put just enough water in the bag to keep the nem underwater then fill the rest with air you ensure that there will be enough oxygen for it to breathe during shipping. I don't know if I explained that very well but I tried *shrug*
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new