Anemone size to host clowns?

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a tiny BTA about 2 months ago. It was probably the size of a nickel, with the the goal of it eventually hosting my 2 clowns. It has tripled in size over the last 2 months, but is still obviously too small to be a host. They so far have paid no attention thankfully since it is still small, but that said, how big does the Nem have to get before I take steps to introduce them to each other. Don't want the clowns to love it to death before it is ready.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo it's not really up too you. When the clowns decide they like the nem then thats that. Not much you can do other than keep an eye on it to make sure they aren't bothering it too much

OP
OP
Dw79

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo it's not really up too you. When the clowns decide they like the nem then thats that. Not much you can do other than keep an eye on it to make sure they aren't bothering it too much
So far I have been lucky and the nem has chosen the complete opposite side of the tank that the clowns stay at. They are a breeding pair and don't venture far from the corner that they lay eggs in

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back