Anemone split, big white mass at mouth

cemmerts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my anemone got really big and split. Now the mouth area is huge and swollen on both anemones. I know they split at the mouth and have to remodel the thing, but this has been over a month now and hasn’t changed...should I be concerned?
FF50A60B-9605-434A-AAC1-F03CDF311BEF.jpeg

ArielUnderwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to worry about. I like to feed them both a good meal a day or so after. It takes them a couple days or even longer to heal all the way after a split. I have a BTA, two weeks from it's last split and it's still oblong. Yes, they're mouth looks BAD right after. But you wouldn't look great if you just split in half, either. Feed it. That's its guts spewing out.

OP
OP
cemmerts

cemmerts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So both of my anemones still look like this. It’s been 3 months now. I haven’t been able to feed anything. Still ok?

kutcha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So both of my anemones still look like this. It’s been 3 months now. I haven’t been able to feed anything. Still ok?
has the stomach looked like it has retracted at all? The one really good sign is that it has been 3 months and it hasn't died off so that tells me it is at least getting nutrients. I wonder if the nem messed up its own split and left its gut exposed and cant retract it cause the mouth has healed since.

OP
OP
cemmerts

cemmerts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has the stomach looked like it has retracted at all? The one really good sign is that it has been 3 months and it hasn't died off so that tells me it is at least getting nutrients. I wonder if the nem messed up its own split and left its gut exposed and cant retract it cause the mouth has healed since.
Some days it looks just slightly better. For the most part though, there hasn’t been any significant change in its stomach. It occasionally still poops as well...

Back