Anemone Splitting or Dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tripp890
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tripp890

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what is going on. At first I thought it was splitting, but now I don't know because it's been 4 days of this behavior. Note, just switched to a t5 ho fixture.

1-ati blue plus

1-ati purple plus

2-ati actinics

I also have Coral special, 10,000k, and pink special bulbs that I could interchange, if there is a better combo available.

IMG_20190206_101606.jpeg
IMG_20190204_235007.jpeg
 
My vote is splitting. If it was dying it would appear flat or deflated.
 
Personally I think it's adjusting to your lights. It might still split, but mine have done this at times just adjusting to conditions.
 
Thanks for the replies! What about the light combo? Is my current setup optimal? Or should I make some changes?
 
What are your current params? Alk, Cal, Mag and Salinity?
 
What are your current params? Alk, Cal, Mag and Salinity?
Just ran out of mag, all, and Cal test Monday, picking up some tomorrow. Sal at 1.025 other nems are fine.
 
Looks like it started to split and stopped...i wouldnt do anymore light changes until he adjusts.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new