Anemone Vs. Cleaner Shrimp *Ding Ding*

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tube anemones?? I love the colors! I have a light pink one w a green mouth that I love and wish would grow even bigger! But the shrimps are smart and don't mess with him cuz clearly they know they could become the next meal lol. Yours look great.
Yes. I've got three. Those one is the biggest normally. This was a brand new feeder shrimp that set up cleaning station right over the tubes. Unfortunately, I saw his butt hanging out an hour after introduction.

OP
OP
FastandCurious

FastandCurious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;JoyfulThe sinking pellets have been really good because the shrimp need to pick at it for a long time to actually get food out. So by the time they finish their food, its been like 5 minutes which is more than enough time for you to feed your corals! :)

Wow I tried that last night with dropping the pellets first and that really worked! I'm was so surprised. Idk if they will figure it out eventually that the mysis are coming later and just wait but for now I will always feed this way. It atleast gives my nems chance to stay open long enough to eat. Thanks for the suggestion! My nems thank you too! ;Joyful;Joyful

OP
OP
FastandCurious

FastandCurious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks amazing ...

I have always fed shrimp first and everything else after .

the cleaner shrimp set up a small service station in one of the caves . The fish swim to him for a cleaning .

I don’t think they require cleaning others for parasites as much as a cleaner wrasse does .
Thank you. Yes, I tried that for the first time last night and it worked well! I'm so happy.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I tried that last night with dropping the pellets first and that really worked! I'm was so surprised. Idk if they will figure it out eventually that the mysis are coming later and just wait but for now I will always feed this way. It atleast gives my nems chance to stay open long enough to eat. Thanks for the suggestion! My nems thank you too! ;Joyful;Joyful
You’re welcome!!!

OP
OP
FastandCurious

FastandCurious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard some people had success repeatedly playing their clowns a video of other clowns hosting bta’s. Give them some inspiration
Oh I tried that as soon as I got the bta's. I put the video on a loop on my iPad infront of them, I tried pictures of clowns inside them on the tank and they just swam to the otherside lol. But the nems are really small again now maybe if they get big again i'll give the vid another shot.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I tried that as soon as I got the bta's. I put the video on a loop on my iPad infront of them, I tried pictures of clowns inside them on the tank and they just swam to the otherside lol. But the nems are really small again now maybe if they get big again i'll give the vid another shot.
If you can catch them you can slide them threw a tube into one of the bta

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back