Anemone with gaping mouth

  • Thread starter Thread starter sp_dfw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sp_dfw

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I'm about 6 months into my current 5g reef tank, but this is my first time with anemones. Over the past couple of days my larger green BTA has been withdrawing with a gaping mouth. The clown it's bonded too is desperately trying to keep it happy. My water parameters seem to be fine. I have a slightly elevated magnesium count, but not super high. No ammonia, no nitrate/nitrate/phosphate etc. Calcium and alkalinity are in range. pH runs a little on the low side, 7.8 to 8.0. The smaller green nem seems to be fairing better. How concerned should I be?

IMG_2348.jpg IMG_2351.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new