Anemones don't like UV?

  • Thread starter Thread starter snowhite
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

snowhite

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2019
Messages
387
Reaction score
338
Location
Smyrna, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90g with 3 RBA, 2 GBA, and a few Rockflowers.
Every night I ramp up UV on my 2 AI Hydra 32's to about 30% the hour before bed for the glow of my corals and such.
I've noticed that all but 1 of the Anemones will shrink away or even move slightly under something for shade. The lights been like this fore more than a month... almost two.

Anyone noticed this tendency? 30% isn't much. Most lighting plans use much more than that.
 
It’s not that they don’t like UV, its just that they no longer detect daylight so the get ready for bed, so to speak.
 
My UV is cranked on max on my two hydra 32's so you should be good
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new