Anemonw Help

AlyHarper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall! Needing Anemone help! I think he is dying but I can't figure out why to save my life. Last week he got sucked into a return vent on my aio, I got him out he took a little nip but he seemed to be returning to normal. Now he is all deflated and mouth open. Since Saturday or Sunday he has been getting a little more and more deflated and wont attach his foot anywhere. This morning I found him with no color and deflated, detached from my live rock, mouth open and I was sure he had died. But after examining a little bit, he closed his mouth and returned a little color. My ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, ph are all fine, I don't have anything to check my phosphate or calcium but my zoanthids, and Green star are thriving. Could phosphates or calcium be off and affect my anemone but not my coral? Or is he still trying to recover from getting hurt?
I can't leave him rolling around In the flow but he just won't latch to anything. (Why he is in a breeder box)
I just don't want him to die! All advice is welcome!

20220208_173308.jpg 20220208_172826.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking good. How old is this tank? Seemed to have been wandering before the injury. In this case a hospital tank with a cipro treatment may be the best bet.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To really know the picture "everything is good" when it comes to parameters won't work. At bare minimum we need current nitrate, phosphate, and alkalinity.

OP
OP
AlyHarper

AlyHarper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking good. How old is this tank? Seemed to have been wandering before the injury. In this case a hospital tank with a cipro treatment may be the best bet.
8 to 9 months for the tank but I haven't had the anemone that long. Maybe 3 months with the anemone

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes... that poor guy doesn't look well.

As @Jekyl pointed out, a full listing of your latest water test results along with the date of the tests doesn't sound like much, but its really important to have that information.

Additionally, I'd like to know what lighting you run along with your tank dimensions. This will help us to determine if light is the issue.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back