Anenome help

m33gan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 4 year old anenome turned Itself inside out after we mistakenly fed it a fresh water feeder fish. Anything I can do to save it?

IMG_1517.jpeg IMG_1429.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think this has anything to do with feeding it some freshwater food - I used to feed goldfish to anemones with no issues at all.

Have there been any changes in water flow?
Did the anemone move to a new location before this episode?

You might try posting in the anemone or reef forums here.

OP
OP
M

m33gan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think this has anything to do with feeding it some freshwater food - I used to feed goldfish to anemones with no issues at all.

Have there been any changes in water flow?
Did the anemone move to a new location before this episode?

You might try posting in the anemone or reef forums here.
He has been moving and he moved over near a mushroom who I believe was stinging it. We moved him away from the mushroom and came into him looking like this today. Other changes we do a water change weekly we did miss last weeks due to a storm but I can’t imagine missing 1 would be enough to kill it. Everything else in the tank seems fine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 23

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he’s been moving that was the first sign it was not happy. How/what is light in the tank? When did you feed it last?

OP
OP
M

m33gan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he’s been moving that was the first sign it was not happy. How/what is light in the tank? When did you feed it last?
The light in the tank is biocube full spectrum we feed the tank almost daily a mix of frozen brine shrimp and mysis shrimp we normally don’t directly feed the anenome it mostly just eats the shrimp left in the water. We most recently fed it the feeder fish and we did recently have a clown fish go missing which we presumed the anenome ate

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My 4 year old anenome turned Itself inside out after we mistakenly fed it a fresh water feeder fish. Anything I can do to save it?

IMG_1517.jpeg IMG_1429.jpeg
Looks like the product of an anemone getting battered by a clown as clowns get overly excited. As for moving, they move when there is too much light, water flow or both. They shrink when there is insufficient lighting
Assure also phos level is not elevated and feed chopped krill or plankton 2x a week and target feed it

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light in the tank is biocube full spectrum we feed the tank almost daily a mix of frozen brine shrimp and mysis shrimp we normally don’t directly feed the anenome it mostly just eats the shrimp left in the water. We most recently fed it the feeder fish and we did recently have a clown fish go missing which we presumed the anenome ate
I find it they are overfed with large pieces of food they can get into bad situations , almost like they choke on the food. I only turkey blast mine every 2-3 days with frozen mysis mix that I feed the rest of my tank with.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back