1st time Anenome (HELP)

allen5x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! So I’ve had my tank for about two years. After trials and tribulations tank has been good in terms of parameters. We’ve decided to get our first anenome for our 2 clownfish to host (hopefully). But we have some concerns
It’s been almost 24hours since anenome has been in tank. It was floating around and finally found a beautiful space to sit. Overnight it decided to dig itself (diagonally almost upside down) in the crevice between two rocks.
Is this normal? Should I attempt to move? How long does it take to get comfortable. How big will it get and what amount of time? When should we begin to worry?

It’s getting some descent lighting. I would say a little less than the lighting at the store. We see it’s tips blossom a bit but then shrivel when the clownfish hover above it (they seem interested)

All feedback is welcomed! I’ll add some pics but they were tough to get.

IMG_2429.jpeg
IMG_2428.jpeg
IMG_2426.jpeg
IMG_2425.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately anemones are going to go where they want to go lol. As long as it looks healthy I'd let him be to find his place. If he gets in a spot you don't want him you can try moving it, but it really stresses them out. Best way i've heard is using a power head to basically annoy it into letting go.

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hid for the first two days or so... It then moved itself back across the tank and is out... 10 days later..... I found out it had split. They do as they please.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what kind it is but they move. Just moved 4 btas back into my display. All moved somewhere else after. Some disappeared for a couple days. I wouldn’t worry at this point and would leave it alone

OP
OP
A

allen5x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what kind it is but they move. Just moved 4 btas back into my display. All moved somewhere else after. Some disappeared for a couple days. I wouldn’t worry at this point and would leave it alone
I honestly not sure what kind it is either

OP
OP
A

allen5x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do not attempt to move it. anemones will move where they are happy, just keep them away from the powerheads. "if it's not moving and it's not dead, it's happy"
What are the top songs that it’s dead?

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see color wise it looks ok. They will often get almost translucent when there's a problem and lose their color.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back