Anenomes and algae removal

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrjohnreed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrjohnreed

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2015
Messages
151
Reaction score
72
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon tank that was a FOWLR but now I am converting it over to an anenome tank. I am battling a algae issue in the tank which I am now working on. I just tested my Nitrates and Phosphates and these are the levels I got:
Nitrates: 10ppm
Phosphate: 0ppm

I am really not sure what is going on or how to fix the issue without having any issues with my current fish and anenome inhabitants. Currently there are 2 Condy anenome, 1 rockflower anenome, 1 bubble-tip anenome and 1 long tentacles anenome. The anenomes are doing fine. I am completing a 25% water change tommorrow and scrubbing the glass. Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
 
Since it was a FOWLR you’ll likely be battling leaching nutrients from the rocks for a few months. It comes from the rocks directly into the algae. But it runs out eventually. Just keep a strong CUC, low-ish nutrients, and manual removal. Some tangs help too, and rabbit fish, and lawnmower blennies.
 
Can you post a pic of the tank to see what kind of algae we are dealing with?
 
Here are a couple pictures before I begin to do my maintenance today for reference.
 

Attachments

  • 20250907_113355.jpg
    20250907_113355.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20250907_113403.jpg
    20250907_113403.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 31

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new