Angels or tangs first

Mr. Limpid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since neither care about each other. it wont matter. Unless you add Sohal tang and wait over a year to add another fish will you have a problem, they are mean. As for tangs, make a list of tangs you want this will depends on which ones you want and how many.

OP
OP
R

Ruckus16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since neither care about each other. it wont matter. Unless you add Sohal tang and wait over a year to add another fish will you have a problem, they are mean. As for tangs, make a list of tangs you want this will depends on which ones you want and how many.
Powder Brown, yellow eye like tang, tomini.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kole tang and Tomini are both bristle tooth Ctenochaetus tangs, smaller and less aggressive than many tangs, and are probably good candidates. I'd probably add the powder brown first. Honestly, I'd probably skip the powder brown entirely, I've never had any luck keeping them long term, but that's just me.

The dwarf angels are unlikely to care about the tangs, or vice versa.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found tangs will behave aggressively toward other laterally compressed fish, this includes angels and butterflies. I would put the angels in first.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that tangs can be aggressive towards newly added angels, with social acclimation for few days and a lot of small caves for the angels to hide they will do fine after a short while.

Fadi~

Mr. Limpid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of the two tangs you mentioned the Tomini is the less aggressive add him first, then the powder brown. Angles are the most aggressive of fish they should be the last fish in.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of the two tangs you mentioned the Tomini is the less aggressive add him first, then the powder brown. Angles are the most aggressive of fish they should be the last fish in.
Dwarf angels are more peaceful than either of those tangs. A little less aggressive than a tomini, a whole heck of a lot aggressive than a powder brown.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back