angle grinder blade for cutting marco rock.

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishmonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishmonkey

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2021
Messages
432
Reaction score
199
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw a few posts of people saying you can cut marco rock with an angle grinder with a diamond blade on it.

just wondering if anyone has experience cutting marco rock with a turbo blade or segmented rim blade.
 
Any blade will work some are better than others. But yea a segmented diamond blade is best. turbo blade, rim blade same same. The none segmented will not cut as well as the segmented ones.
 
I used a reciprocating saw with 12in or greater bi metal blades. I think the angle grinder will work, but my pieces were quite large so the longer blade made things more straightforward. You can always use a cold chisel to make the pieces smaller too. The flat cuts are great for the foundation of the structure. It makes for a very stable base.
 
I used a reciprocating saw with 12in or greater bi metal blades. I think the angle grinder will work, but my pieces were quite large so the longer blade made things more straightforward. You can always use a cold chisel to make the pieces smaller too. The flat cuts are great for the foundation of the structure. It makes for a very stable base.
Didn’t know you could use a sawzall. I might try that first.
 
I used a reciprocating saw with 12in or greater bi metal blades. I think the angle grinder will work, but my pieces were quite large so the longer blade made things more straightforward. You can always use a cold chisel to make the pieces smaller too. The flat cuts are great for the foundation of the structure. It makes for a very stable base.
What’s the best tpi?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new