ANNOYING ALGAE!!! STOPPPP

  • Thread starter Thread starter basel146
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

basel146

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2024
Messages
75
Reaction score
33
Location
charlotte nc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been dealing with annoying algae that won’t leave I did a water change a few days ago but after that the brown algae is covering my tank walls and my live rocks I have a tank that’s like 8 - 9 months old that’s a 10 gallon and with good parameters 2 clowns and an good cleanup crew of an emerald crab 2 ninja star snails and a bunch of baby ninja star snails also I have 2 blue legged hermit crab can someone help me deal with this algae
 
Need pics. But from what you're saying, it's potentially dinos.
Sorry for taking so long I was on a trip but here are the photos
20250630_160126.png
 
Forgot the technical name for that, but it's pretty standard growth for any tank. Just have to keep managing water changes and cleaning the glass.
 
Are there any powerheads in the tank? Or only a hob filter? A powerhead will help keep detritus from settling, otherwise gravity will always pull it down, they create piles, and algae ends up growing.
 
I’d say you need more clean up crew if you are noticing algae , especially some that reside in the sandbed such as a conch
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new