OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on using Captiv8’s Isol8 elements. I manage my alk, cal, and mag separately (method really doesn’t matter). I will send in my ICP and see where I am deficient. Then I plan on getting the Isol8 elements kit that comes in the 10ml bottles. I’ll punch in my numbers in my calculator and it will tell me my dose for the period of given time. I will then use the calculator (there are multiple tabs) to come up with the RODI solution with needed elements and set up my doser to do my daily doses. In a month I will send in another ICP. Seems rather simple to me, maybe not to others. Worst case scenario I have to email Chris Wood, whom I understand is very responsive.
Yeah I like your idea. I'm gunna steal that.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to hijack someone else's build thread but she had a happy nice soul and I'll just keep my crazy crap over here. So this Top Lids.

Keep in the back of your mind, we make custom windows. That's what I do for a living. I measure crap, make crap with measurements, then install said crap. It's really a crap shoot.

Here is my question. (PLOT TWIST THERE IS NO QUESTION) So I texted with someone and sent them a drawing of the measurements for the lid. I want it inside the euro brace. I was told this is not an issue. A short week later they send you all these video instructions to go over first. Utter waste of my time. My time, not others. There are people who don't know how to read a tape. Some reason the US just cant let go. I am not asking for special treatment but really all I need is do you want the edge of the glass or internal to measure the brace? Well they don't have a video for euro brace. So edge to edge I guess. However, I measured the euro brace as well, how far from the glass, glass thickness, and I mean really there is nothing for the imagination. I was expecting an email with, hey where do you want your doors. Nope. They want the depth of the tank and all this other well, stuff that to me doesn't make sense. Maybe how deep the tank is matters? Por Que?

They want you to hold a tape measure while taking a photo of this measurement. That is the most unreliable way to get a measurement I can think of. So I will have to stand on a step stool, hang over the tank, balance my HUGE PHONE (get a Z Fold they said, it will be awesome the said) and not drop it on the tank and try to get a photo keeping the tape straight! LOL You know my big ol bitties are gunna go for a dip leaning over this thing. Also my tape measure is well used, I swear if I scratch the glass doing all the bullwonkey stuff I'm gunna rage.

OK so I know there is most likely a reason for all this in their minds, but I don't want to. I don't want to try to take photos of a tape. It's not going to be as accurate as my drawing. I once had to help my grandma clean out her basement and this is right up there with crap I really don't want to do. At least in gran's basement I found the occasional bottle of whiskey and precious memories figurine. All I am getting here is a wet shirt and annoyance as I go blind from the glare of the blues off my white sand trying to take a dang photo with world's most unwieldy phone. Might as well be a rotary. I just want to send them my measurements and tell them where I want the gosh darn feed holes.

I'm just going to wait now for the notification of some kid saying, "wElL MAYBE U ShOULdNT BE in THE HOBBY11!!1!!!

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to hijack someone else's build thread but she had a happy nice soul and I'll just keep my crazy crap over here. So this Top Lids.

Keep in the back of your mind, we make custom windows. That's what I do for a living. I measure crap, make crap with measurements, then install said crap. It's really a crap shoot.

Here is my question. (PLOT TWIST THERE IS NO QUESTION) So I texted with someone and sent them a drawing of the measurements for the lid. I want it inside the euro brace. I was told this is not an issue. A short week later they send you all these video instructions to go over first. Utter waste of my time. My time, not others. There are people who don't know how to read a tape. Some reason the US just cant let go. I am not asking for special treatment but really all I need is do you want the edge of the glass or internal to measure the brace? Well they don't have a video for euro brace. So edge to edge I guess. However, I measured the euro brace as well, how far from the glass, glass thickness, and I mean really there is nothing for the imagination. I was expecting an email with, hey where do you want your doors. Nope. They want the depth of the tank and all this other well, stuff that to me doesn't make sense. Maybe how deep the tank is matters? Por Que?

They want you to hold a tape measure while taking a photo of this measurement. That is the most unreliable way to get a measurement I can think of. So I will have to stand on a step stool, hang over the tank, balance my HUGE PHONE (get a Z Fold they said, it will be awesome the said) and not drop it on the tank and try to get a photo keeping the tape straight! LOL You know my big ol bitties are gunna go for a dip leaning over this thing. Also my tape measure is well used, I swear if I scratch the glass doing all the bullwonkey stuff I'm gunna rage.

OK so I know there is most likely a reason for all this in their minds, but I don't want to. I don't want to try to take photos of a tape. It's not going to be as accurate as my drawing. I once had to help my grandma clean out her basement and this is right up there with crap I really don't want to do. At least in gran's basement I found the occasional bottle of whiskey and precious memories figurine. All I am getting here is a wet shirt and annoyance as I go blind from the glare of the blues off my white sand trying to take a dang photo with world's most unwieldy phone. Might as well be a rotary. I just want to send them my measurements and tell them where I want the gosh darn feed holes.

I'm just going to wait now for the notification of some kid saying, "wElL MAYBE U ShOULdNT BE in THE HOBBY11!!1!!!
"All customers are idiots, so we need proof of non-idiocy before accepting your order...Idiot!" ;)

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes no sense... Unless the camera and the tape measure is perpendicular the measurements could be way off. Just saying...

They will be off. It makes zero sense. Should I ask for a refund and go with a different company?

Side note. Mobius not working again. The one mp40 will not read correctly. The only way to solve it is to create a new tank. Troubleshooting does nothing. I am relying on mobius to keep a schedule. It won't. So when I get coral in here there is a chance the flow will be compromised. It's extremely annoying. I also don't know how to remove them fromobius to use them without it. I even hard reset them but they refuse to let me control them manually. Red seas help line is zero help.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be off. It makes zero sense. Should I ask for a refund and go with a different company?

Side note. Mobius not working again. The one mp40 will not read correctly. The only way to solve it is to create a new tank. Troubleshooting does nothing. I am relying on mobius to keep a schedule. It won't. So when I get coral in here there is a chance the flow will be compromised. It's extremely annoying. I also don't know how to remove them fromobius to use them without it. I even hard reset them but they refuse to let me control them manually. Red seas help line is zero help.
Refund... Hmmn... Just the thought of you almost falling in your tank trying to measure your tank... That in itself is priceless. Just send them an email to be clear and concise that explains, that if after providing accurate measurements that you expect a proper fitting lid. If not, you will return the lid and expect a full refund.
Also why are calling Red Sea for a Echo-Tech product? I once sent my Seiko watch to Citizen expecting them to fix it.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refund... Hmmn... Just the thought of you almost falling in your tank trying to measure your tank... That in itself is priceless. Just send them an email to be clear and concise that explains, that if after providing accurate measurements that you expect a proper fitting lid. If not, you will return the lid and expect a full refund.
Also why are calling Red Sea for a Echo-Tech product? I once sent my Seiko watch to Citizen expecting them to fix it.
Because to me they are all interchangeable. Actually Red Sea's interface is amazing. Love the Wi-Fi, I can control from anywhere. My bad. Also, no refunds well no refund after 24hours even if they have done crap all. Apparently I can't read.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a way you can reset your mp40. It is like dumping the cache. Not intuitive to get to and not self explanatory either. This is a older one? as in you didn’t just but it?

I did try that. It took a few tries then it appeared to see the MP40 again. I think this is the older one it is having trouble with. I tried Ecotech chat again for some trouble shooting. Again not much help. I don't think chat support knows the Mobius app. What is odd is I can't hard set them and have them forget the app. After a hard reset they refuse to let me control them manually. As long as the app works I am fine though. Also, all off does nothing. It turns the one pump off for 40 seconds then turns back on but then refuses to allow the older pump to turn back on. I had to start a new tank in app to get that sorted. So for now it's my wifi plugs to get the job done.

So all the fish I want are out of stock. Which leaves time for the lid to get made. I was told I am a spoiled brat and how dare I share my displeasure over how a mom and pop operates, and everything I say is negative. Accurate. This was my local fish group. Nothing is worse than a local group. Not just fish either, cars, collectables, quilting. All end up being toxic crap holes. HOW DARE SUZY BAD MOUTH MY LINING CHOICE IN MY CAT QUILT!

Side note, Top Lids claims to be a business with Engineers, a team of them, designers, sales people, and a CEO. They portray that on the website, in emails, my texts with them, and on facebook. So maybe they are a mom and pop maybe they are not. I decided if something is back ordered in my shop from now on I am going to blame my designer. I'm going to name her Liz. DANG IT LIZ GET ON THAT DESIGN WE NEED THAT ANGLE TOP YESTERDAY. If someone wants a refund I will tell them I have to clear it with my CEO. Never mind my CEO sounds a lot like me, looks like me, and has the same email inflection.

Full on uglies are abound. Getting some nice gross skim now. I am going to do one more water change then send a ICP to moonshine. Super excited to start moonshine. All my local fish stores, and there are a ton, rave about the program. So I really hope it works for me.

I will take that random group person's critique of my personality to heart and try to be more positive. I would hate to single handedly destroy the aquarium lid making business with my snarky spoiled brat negative attitude.

God I love the internet.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did try that. It took a few tries then it appeared to see the MP40 again. I think this is the older one it is having trouble with. I tried Ecotech chat again for some trouble shooting. Again not much help. I don't think chat support knows the Mobius app. What is odd is I can't hard set them and have them forget the app. After a hard reset they refuse to let me control them manually. As long as the app works I am fine though. Also, all off does nothing. It turns the one pump off for 40 seconds then turns back on but then refuses to allow the older pump to turn back on. I had to start a new tank in app to get that sorted. So for now it's my wifi plugs to get the job done.

So all the fish I want are out of stock. Which leaves time for the lid to get made. I was told I am a spoiled brat and how dare I share my displeasure over how a mom and pop operates, and everything I say is negative. Accurate. This was my local fish group. Nothing is worse than a local group. Not just fish either, cars, collectables, quilting. All end up being toxic crap holes. HOW DARE SUZY BAD MOUTH MY LINING CHOICE IN MY CAT QUILT!

Side note, Top Lids claims to be a business with Engineers, a team of them, designers, sales people, and a CEO. They portray that on the website, in emails, my texts with them, and on facebook. So maybe they are a mom and pop maybe they are not. I decided if something is back ordered in my shop from now on I am going to blame my designer. I'm going to name her Liz. DANG IT LIZ GET ON THAT DESIGN WE NEED THAT ANGLE TOP YESTERDAY. If someone wants a refund I will tell them I have to clear it with my CEO. Never mind my CEO sounds a lot like me, looks like me, and has the same email inflection.

Full on uglies are abound. Getting some nice gross skim now. I am going to do one more water change then send a ICP to moonshine. Super excited to start moonshine. All my local fish stores, and there are a ton, rave about the program. So I really hope it works for me.

I will take that random group person's critique of my personality to heart and try to be more positive. I would hate to single handedly destroy the aquarium lid making business with my snarky spoiled brat negative attitude.

God I love the internet.
First EcoTech is no longer them anymore. It is a general umbrella chat for all aperture products, so general questions yes, but specifics, no. It also sounds like the MP40 hasn’t been updated. You may try to switch WiFi chips see if that helps. The other option you have is to replace the driver. I think that is like $60 maybe even cheaper if you call them personally they can give you a discount on a new driver. Tell them your old driver is corrupt.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First EcoTech is no longer them anymore. It is a general umbrella chat for all aperture products, so general questions yes, but specifics, no. It also sounds like the MP40 hasn’t been updated. You may try to switch WiFi chips see if that helps. The other option you have is to replace the driver. I think that is like $60 maybe even cheaper if you call them personally they can give you a discount on a new driver. Tell them your old driver is corrupt.
You HAVE to update the MP40 to connect to Mobius. I'm probably not going to spend more money on a year old unit. I have been eyeing reef computers though.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You HAVE to update the MP40 to connect to Mobius. I'm probably not going to spend more money on a year old unit. I have been eyeing reef computers though.
Well something is corrupt besides your 3rd cousins half adopted brother. And when I say Half adopted, I mean there was never any paperwork filled out. He just started showing up to bowling night...
The other option since it is still pretty new is to send it back to them for them to fix it. Then they will tell you that you need a new driver and they can sell it to you for half price which is $30 and with $20 bucks shipping both ways you might as well just get another driver from BRS.
When picking out a reef controller, the best way would be to list all the things you would want it to do now and in the future. Look at your limited options and decide which would be the best. I personally use the Apex, it a love hate thing. But it has saved my tank while I was 2000 miles away, so there is that.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well something is corrupt besides your 3rd cousins half adopted brother. And when I say Half adopted, I mean there was never any paperwork filled out. He just started showing up to bowling night...
The other option since it is still pretty new is to send it back to them for them to fix it. Then they will tell you that you need a new driver and they can sell it to you for half price which is $30 and with $20 bucks shipping both ways you might as well just get another driver from BRS.
When picking out a reef controller, the best way would be to list all the things you would want it to do now and in the future. Look at your limited options and decide which would be the best. I personally use the Apex, it a love hate thing. But it has saved my tank while I was 2000 miles away, so there is that.
I had a good come back but the forum blocked most of it. I'm not about to get banned for a bit.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a good come back but the forum blocked most of it. I'm not about to get banned for a bit.
They don't block DM's I don’t think... ;)
Is it true that they share a one bedroom, or they still living in the studio apartment on Hill st.?

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today model number 4. Notice a weird cut out. Thinking maybe they can't get the concept that the lid is going to sit inside the eurobrace. I have sent many many photos. No one is relaying the info. No one understands the info. Begged for money back, no dice. WORST COMPANY EVER. Thought I was talking to tyler actually Rafael. Rafael doesn't send photos or dimensions to anyone. Rafael is a waste of time pretending to be working on your lid when in fact he does nothing but close a sale. Company holding me ransom for $140. Won't give them my $140 stuck with them because they refuse to give me back my money. Angry enough to spit fire.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 160 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back