Another Dino ID

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello:

Thanks for helping out. here are a couple of videos:

Problem is zero nitrates and very low phosphate. Turned off GFO, added NeoNitro and MB7 with skimmer off 4 hours during night. Also turned off Metal Halides and only using T5s. Could go totally blackout if needed but I thought I would get my nitrate and phosphate up first to see if that does the trick. Working on higher fish load (only 3 chromis and 2 inch hippo tang in 120g + 60g sump) Thanks for any feedback.
Greg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A UV sterilizer will easily wipe this dino type out in a few days.

OP
OP
Quiverfull

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. that was what I suspected but did not see them whirling around a central axis as described by some. Will look into adding UV if my chemistry adjustments do not work. Thank you both!

OP
OP
Quiverfull

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A UV sterilizer will easily wipe this dino type out in a few days.
Just following up as I have continued to have issues with these dinos. I can get rid of them if I keep lights out for 2 to 3 days and dose Dr. Tim's but after about a couple of weeks they come back. I am seriously looking into UV as you suggested. I have a 120g display and 60g sump that is about 1/2 filled so my estimated total water volume is about 150g. My Nitrates are 1.5, Phosphate 0.08 so I should have adequate levels of nutrients to support "good bacteria".

What UV sterilizer do you recommend and at what flow rate to take care of my ostreopsis?

Thanks for your help.

Greg
Go Buckeyes!

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just following up as I have continued to have issues with these dinos. I can get rid of them if I keep lights out for 2 to 3 days and dose Dr. Tim's but after about a couple of weeks they come back. I am seriously looking into UV as you suggested. I have a 120g display and 60g sump that is about 1/2 filled so my estimated total water volume is about 150g. My Nitrates are 1.5, Phosphate 0.08 so I should have adequate levels of nutrients to support "good bacteria".

What UV sterilizer do you recommend and at what flow rate to take care of my ostreopsis?

Thanks for your help.

Greg
Go Buckeyes!

I'm using an 57w AquaUV unit on my 75g tank running extremely low at around 400gph. This is definitely overkill but i fit a good deal on this uv unit. I believe you could get away with either a 25w or 40w with a 150g tank, though. Running it slow around 400gph should work well.

GO BUCKS!!

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. 57 watt aqua uv at low flow and GO BUCKS!

OP
OP
Quiverfull

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. That makes the decision - both of you agree on 57 watt Aqua use and both buckeyes!

...and TTUN still sucks...

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 62 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 47 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 25 11.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 74 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back