Another high No3 question

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using a Pax Bellum N18 for the past 6 months on a 40br with a 10g sump and although my Chaeto is growing great my No3 32ppm has not budged. Po4 is currently at 0.08ppm. I know it states not to use NoPoX or any other carbon dosing sources but would dosing with a No3 that high really hurt the Chaeto? At least until I gets it under 10ppm.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using a Pax Bellum N18 for the past 6 months on a 40br with a 10g sump and although my Chaeto is growing great my No3 32ppm has not budged. Po4 is currently at 0.08ppm. I know it states not to use NoPoX or any other carbon dosing sources but would dosing with a No3 that high really hurt the Chaeto? At least until I gets it under 10ppm.
Is there anyway you can prove that the Pax Bellum is removing any nitrates? It could just be too small to handle the nitrate production in your system.

Is the Chaeto clean looking? Macro algae in trouble tend to become covered.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s good. I found the No3 culprit. My RoDi filters are out of date. I’m getting 30-40 ppm No3 on fresh salt mix. TDS still reads 0-1 though. I just ordered new filters for my RoDi. So not only was my water changes at 30ppm but my top was also. I should have check a while ago and date the canisters.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back