another Neptune DOS question.

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am wondering my fusion is showing several doses of alk happening before the first scheduled dosing interval is supposed to start. it is a controlled interval per my trident testing. this seems to be a timing issue I believe, an ill explain that theory after the end but I'm new to the apex gear so I'm unsure. here is some pics of my settings.

power settings
Capture3.PNG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capture4.PNG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capture 1.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capture 2.PNG

so here's my theory about timing.
i have my DOS plugged into a surge protector, that also powers all 4 of my kessil lights, this surge protector is connected to an EB outlet and is scheduled to power on at 6 and 23 as shown above. if the trident tests ALK,CA, MG after the power is shut of to the DOS. does the DOS dose after the trident test have finished? Is the DOS playing catch up once the outlet is powered on? I really do not want to run a short extension cord (3') from the DOS to the EB but I may have to.

Capture5.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am wondering my fusion is showing several doses of alk happening before the first scheduled dosing interval is supposed to start. it is a controlled interval per my trident testing. this seems to be a timing issue I believe, an ill explain that theory after the end but I'm new to the apex gear so I'm unsure. here is some pics of my settings.

power settings
Capture3.PNG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capture4.PNG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capture 1.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capture 2.PNG

so here's my theory about timing.
i have my DOS plugged into a surge protector, that also powers all 4 of my kessil lights, this surge protector is connected to an EB outlet and is scheduled to power on at 6 and 23 as shown above. if the trident tests ALK,CA, MG after the power is shut of to the DOS. Is the DOS playing catch up once the outlet is powered on? I really do not want to run a short extension cord (3') from the DOS to the EB but I may have to.

Capture5.PNG

Capture4.PNG

if you have a Trident, I assume you have a newer apex with EB832 energy bar? The DOS can be powered and controlled via the 1link port with no extension cord required.

I have never heard of someone cutting power to the DOS while it is supposed to be dosing with automatic Trident controlled adjustments 24/7. Pretty sure that could mess up things

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will dose based on the last test. Why not run a 1 link cable from DOS to power bar? Also, why not let it dose throughout the day and night? Seems like you are creating unneeded swings

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok power solved that was simple i will pick one up today thanks. but this still does not answer my other questions

my fusion is showing several doses of alk happening before the first scheduled dosing interval is supposed to start. it is powered (6am) on when the schedule to start dosing begins (7 am)

does the DOS dose after the trident test have finished? Is the DOS playing catch up once the outlet is powered on?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, it looks like it's one hour off exactly, so may just have to restart Apex. Also, you never answered my question on why you are dosing like that? I would recommend you calculate your total dosing need and use controlled dosing as intended.

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool I'll try it. My consumption rate is about 30 to 40 ml per day.this is based off manual testing over the past two years. I'm new to apex and that schedule is what I have been using on my old jebo dose pumps. Word on the street was to many doses on for those pumps wear them out. Fast, I'm new to the apex,so I just mirrored what I was doing to get started, and to understand the fusion program itsself,so if dosing over a 24hr period is the way to go then that's what I will do.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I made the switch from jeabo as well. This is what I did (knowing my consumption rate). I allow for the Dos(with 1 link) to dos 24/7 for both alk and calc. So lets say your standard DOs is 35mls the Dos will split that up throughout the 24hr period evenly resulting in a very minuscule amount being dosed. This allows for you to dos both alk and calc without a huge worry of precipitation. If this is a worry add a small circ pump where the additives enter. With this baseline the Trident is testing alk min 4x and other 2x a day. The controlled dosing settings you have would basically give the trident control Range : 8.8-9.2dkh and allow for the automatic adjustment of 10% of 35ml = 31.5-38.5 to keep the alk in range. It determines how much to increase or decrease the amount dosed based on the last known test result. If for some reason the latest alk test is 8.5dkh it will revert to the standard dos. Running the Dos 24hrs allows for the motors to spin slower to dispense the same amount of additive than in a 6hr interval so a little less wear and tear on the motor. I personally allow my trident to adjust 35% of my dose in a range +/- of .4 dkh.

Back