Another new OR3 Light bar from Orphek

Bvanb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Violet Reef Day. Should arrive in a couple of days. I’ll come back to post a little review when I have it setup.
My current setup:
Red Sea Reefer 350
(1) OR3 Blue Plus
(1) OR3 Reef Day Plus
(1) OR3 Sky Blue
(1) OR3 UV/Violet
ED1E4E72-5191-4F73-8EEA-03BA1D74089A.jpeg

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Violet Reef Day. Should arrive in a couple of days. I’ll come back to post a little review when I have it setup.
My current setup:
Red Sea Reefer 350
(1) OR3 Blue Plus
(1) OR3 Reef Day Plus
(1) OR3 Sky Blue
(1) OR3 UV/Violet
ED1E4E72-5191-4F73-8EEA-03BA1D74089A.jpeg
Look Good . Please email us for Pre order OSIX , https://shop.orphek.com/pages/contact

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I like mixing their UV bar with Blue sky as where the UV/violet stops the Blue Sky starts.
Mine mixed with Atlaniks and talk about No dead spots

dmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone received and used the Violet Reef Day's yet? Trying to decide on lights and the new Osix, and already determined I would need a blue plus (I have a smaller one on a fluval with an A360) and a blue sky, but wondering if I need a violet day reef as well. I do already have two XR15 blues, so these are more for fill / shadows. Also need to figure out how to mount them. The universal hanging kit seems like it could work, but sales said they wouldn't work with the Radions. Thinking whether there is something like the Aquatic Life. Coral Cover wall kit, but am not finding any luck. Also debating between two OR3-120s, or two 48" AI Blades, as with the dimmer, price will probably be the close. I like the colors on the Orphek/a360 (more so than Radions), but the spread as others have noted is really focused. But I understand the blades may need to sit lower so I probably couldn't use the Radions.

I do think I need to raise my Radions (currently using the rear mount RMS's, but I think it's too low for the WaterBox frag tank without burning up the top half of the tank, or running below 30% and losing light in the shadows.

Almost tempted to replace Radions with 6 orpheks, but it's not in the cards, yet.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Has anyone received and used the Violet Reef Day's yet? Trying to decide on lights and the new Osix, and already determined I would need a blue plus (I have a smaller one on a fluval with an A360) and a blue sky, but wondering if I need a violet day reef as well. I do already have two XR15 blues, so these are more for fill / shadows. Also need to figure out how to mount them. The universal hanging kit seems like it could work, but sales said they wouldn't work with the Radions. Thinking whether there is something like the Aquatic Life wall kit, but am not finding any luck. (Debating between two OR3-120s, or two 48" AI Blades, as with the dimmer, price will probably be the close). I like the colors on the Orphek/a360 (more so than Radions), but the spread as others have noted is really focused. But I understand the blades may need to sit lower so I probably couldn't use the Radions.

I do think I need to raise my Radions (currently using the rear mount RMS's, but I think it's too low for the WaterBox frag tank without burning up the top half of the tank, or running below 30% and losing light in the shadows.

Almost tempted to replace Radions with 6 orpheks, but it's not in the cards, yet.
Blue plus has plenty of violet

dmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Vette! Yes, I have the blue plus on a smaller tank and love the color. I was just wondering how the "day reef" was on the violet day reef, and whether the blue sky would have enough "white/day" coloration. I guess the violet day reef is too recent, as there aren't a lot of photos out with it (or reviews).

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks Vette! Yes, I have the blue plus on a smaller tank and love the color. I was just wondering how the "day reef" was on the violet day reef, and whether the blue sky would have enough "white/day" coloration. I guess the violet day reef is too recent, as there aren't a lot of photos out with it (or reviews).
Blue sky - yes

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive seen them now and have a nice purple/blue effect

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OR3’s on the Osix

Blue plus
Violet reef day
Blue sky
Violet reef day
Blue plus

Very adjustable blue levels, and a nice purple hue to everything. Nice and crisp. I’ll use the blue sky to adjust blue levels once corals start going in. Going to be shooting PAR this weekend.

IMG_2687.jpeg

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look cool, but I couldn't handle the separation on the sand.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back