Another question setting up wifi plugs for control 2

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Michael@CoralVue
Well just set up my control 2.
A few questions. First I dont have the hydros wave controller.
So with setting up my pumps especially the return pump I didnt see a preset for a pump or main pump or return pump or anything pump in the pull down menu for the wifi strip plugs to name them.
So I used the constant(always on i assume) preset but I dont see anywhere where it will alarm or send me a notice if it stops running.
Now that I look i dont see it for any of the wifi plug ins.
Am I missing something?
I did see notification tab when you setup the wifi strip but I unplugged the main pump and it didn't sent me anything. Also for the leak rope it didn't send me anything but for the temp it did. The controller did alarm for the rope and temp but not text or email.
So I'm doing something wrong here.
So help would be great
Thanks

Last edited:

ajl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey RockDiver,

I did the same thing. If you look at my thread on return pumps for autofeeding you'll see that I specifically set my pumps up through the WiFi, but set them to turn off for a few minutes a day. Long story, but the point of it is that I can't show you a screen shot of how I did it unless you want to do it the same way. In which case, check out that thread.

For what you want to do there are two steps:

1. Add your Wifi device. There's a whole process on how you do that. Once you've done it, it will show up in the Wifi Devices of your status page. You'll need to configure it as a 1 port or 4 port before it will show up though.
2. Create a Constant or Generic Device and assign the output to be the wifi plug you chose. Note that if you do Generic (for example if you want to schedule it to run only some of the time) you'll need to set the number of inputs to 0 rather than just not using an input.

I notice that you said that you didn't see any of the Wifi plugins. If the above doesn't help, then you'll have to clarify where you are looking that you aren't seeing it (e.g. the status page or the Pump Device page).

Good luck!

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What i mentioned to write is i dont see any icon when you say what the plug is for. So I used constant.
I will check out your thread and see.
Done it send you notifications?
Thanks for the reply

ajl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Constant is fine. It will send me notifications if the plug goes offline, but that's it.

I got a little crazy with my config because I wanted to turn off my pumps when feeder runs, but constant should be fine. Anyhow, here's the relevant part of the configuration. It should work for you if you change the type from Generic to Constant and don't have it off by default:

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 7.14.01 PM.png

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it !
Seems to work good.
Gotta mess around with it more then set it up on my 30g with the wifi plugs.
That's great to hear and I love to see other Control users jump in and help. That's what this hobby is all about. :)

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. But a "return pump" icon or whatever you wanna call it with presets would be nice ! And a notification for each

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep ! Cool this is why I got it always a surprise coming ha
Thanks Mike we talked a few times on the phone and between you and CV I am a customer for life.
Oh, I broke my brand new skimmer and I put a ticket in and a great customer service girl named TOYNA OLIVER helped me quickly and very efficiently she sent me a 150int body with in DAYS I had it.
Very impressed and hopefully you can pass that along
Thanks

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep ! Cool this is why I got it always a surprise coming ha
Thanks Mike we talked a few times on the phone and between you and CV I am a customer for life.
Oh, I broke my brand new skimmer and I put a ticket in and a great customer service girl named TOYNA OLIVER helped me quickly and very efficiently she sent me a 150int body with in DAYS I had it.
Very impressed and hopefully you can pass that along
Thanks

Love to hear it! And it will be passed along for sure!

We listen and deliver! :)

Back