Another snail ID

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,460
Reaction score
1,480
Location
Cary, NC
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I used to have these snails in my system 10+ years ago. They would reproduce and were a great self-sustaining part of CUC. I lost them somewhere along the way via crashes, moves, etc. At some point I believe I remember referring to them as peppermint snails, but I can’t find any info googling that. Would love to ID them in the hopes of possible getting more some day.

IMG_2024.jpeg IMG_2025.jpeg IMG_2023.jpeg
 
Dove snails are sometimes hitchhikers and reproduce quickly in a tank. They are really cool if you can give some to a fellow hobbyist when their numbers get to out of control.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new