Another UPS shipping thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter mfinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
14,358
Reaction score
11,353
Location
Olympia, WA.
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Several weeks ago I had 2 boxes coming from Liveaquaria ( Saturday delivery) and they had 2 separate tracking numbers.
Well, one box never made it on the plane in Cali and the other did.
When the UPS driver showed up with the one box, I asked if there was a chance if the other box could get delivered at some point over the weekend because there was a fish in the delayed box as well as coral.
The driver couldn't say one way or the other.
It arrived on the following Monday while I was at work. I didn't get anything acclimated until 3:30 that afternoon.
Side note the mushrooms didn't survive, but the file fish did.
Fast forward to this morning, and the same UPS driver delivered another box from LA .
She asked me if the missing box from 3 weeks back ever arrived. I was surprised at her concern, and memory.
Second thing, this shipment was scheduled to arrive by noon, but was delivered at 9:45.
I asked her why this early and she said that she looks through her deliveries for the day and picks out anything that is marked medicine or livestock and arranges her route so they are delivered as early as possible.
I thanked her for her concern for the previous missing package and for the concern for boxes with live stock.

I usually only read about disasters with shipping.


Now if only Fedex is as prompt with my package coming from Cultivated Reef. ( scheduled delivery by 1:30)
 
I wish WWC used UPS instead of fedex they keep leaving my boxes on my front door where they get direct sunlight even though the package clearly states not to. Also they do not even atempt to knock on the door or anything. So I have to constantly go out and check.
 
You should prepare a gift for the next time you see this ups driver
I'm going to try and find a way to provide feedback at UPS for her.
 
You are very lucky to have such a caring driver. A little something around xmas will go a loooong way!
 
And the hits just keep coming for me this morning.
My fedex box just came. 1-1/2 hours early. :)

Must be my lucky day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new