Another Wild Red Sea Acropora ID Question

Peter Clark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
151
Reaction score
263
Location
Wilmette, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another set of photos of a type of Acropora in Egypt that I am not sure which species it is. I am wondering if it is Acropora hemprichii, although I see it is normally brown or pinkish brown and what I saw was blue. The only ones I can find listed as being blue are also listed as rare which this wasn't. I saw this coral a few times and the blue color caught my attention even before white balancing the photos. Below are the white balanced photos and here is an unedited video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14mDkND6rHUo1JXD6CiYYIVTkHx3dKqR-/view

Thank you!

IMG_9380.jpg
IMG_9384.jpg
IMG_9387.jpg
IMG_9389.jpg
IMG_9391.jpg
IMG_9393.jpg
IMG_9395.jpg
IMG_0921.jpg
IMG_0929.jpg
IMG_0933.jpg
 
Oh and with the Emperor Angel photos, it is the blue acro below and to the right of the angel
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new