Another wild that I successfully grew out

  • Thread starter Thread starter CivicS14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CivicS14

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
572
Reaction score
633
Location
Stone Mountain, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally grown out at around 250 PAR and the base had a hint of green. Now I increased the lighting to around 350 PAR. When polyps are fully extended, it has a hint of yellow that you can see in my frag pic. My 1st cutting since it started to grow towards my flaming unicorn.

I named it Cali Wild Fires cause when I started growing out, there was so much news about California wild fires and with all the red, yellows, and greens, it made sense to me. LOL.

IMG_7730 (1).jpg IMG_7729 (1).jpg
 
Originally grown out at around 250 PAR and the base had a hint of green. Now I increased the lighting to around 350 PAR. When polyps are fully extended, it has a hint of yellow that you can see in my frag pic. My 1st cutting since it started to grow towards my flaming unicorn.

I named it Cali Wild Fires cause when I started growing out, there was so much news about California wild fires and with all the red, yellows, and greens, it made sense to me. LOL.

IMG_7730 (1).jpg IMG_7729 (1).jpg
Looks like it is doing great!
 
Originally grown out at around 250 PAR and the base had a hint of green. Now I increased the lighting to around 350 PAR. When polyps are fully extended, it has a hint of yellow that you can see in my frag pic. My 1st cutting since it started to grow towards my flaming unicorn.

I named it Cali Wild Fires cause when I started growing out, there was so much news about California wild fires and with all the red, yellows, and greens, it made sense to me. LOL.

IMG_7730 (1).jpg IMG_7729 (1).jpg
Saw this on ARC too, absolute stunner. If I weren't melting all my Acros right now I would totally snag a piece.
 
Originally grown out at around 250 PAR and the base had a hint of green. Now I increased the lighting to around 350 PAR. When polyps are fully extended, it has a hint of yellow that you can see in my frag pic. My 1st cutting since it started to grow towards my flaming unicorn.

I named it Cali Wild Fires cause when I started growing out, there was so much news about California wild fires and with all the red, yellows, and greens, it made sense to me. LOL.

IMG_7730 (1).jpg IMG_7729 (1).jpg
Aside from the awesome color, the growth form is really cool.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new