Anthias and clownfish

leekly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states, I’ve been wondering about some questions I’ve had about anthias and clownfish. I recently just upgraded to a 120gallon long and have been wanting to fill in some of the empty space with more fish.
I currently have-
1x oc clown
1x Midas blenny
1x green spot mandarin
1x leopard wrasse
I plan on getting a mimic lemon tang at some point, but would like to add a tang last. To fill in some of the empty space in the tank since my Midas blenny mostly chills out in the rocks, my clownfish hosts a corner of the tank, the leopard wrasse is in the sand most of the time, and the mandarin dragonett is so small you hardly see him. I wanted to go with some anthias to get that really cool “schooling” look and make the tank seem more active, but I do not like that they need so much feeding. Are there by chance any other fish that would interact the same as anthias and also be a good fit for the Midas blenny to join the school. I’ve had damsel and chromis schools in the past and that never works out so I’m just looking for more options.
My second question regarding clownfish is that I’ve had my one clown for about 11 years now. She used to be paired with another clown a while back but that clown died, and every other clown I’ve tried pairing it with has not worked out at all. My clown is super aggressive, and no matter the size of the new clown I try pairing her with, she always bullies them to shreds. I’m thinking now that this new upgraded tank has been set up for a while, and since adding the Midas blenny, the clown finally gets put into place more often, maybe it’s time to try pairing her up with another clown again? I know that was a lot to read, but if anyone has any advice or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it

OP
OP
L

leekly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, any other cool fish recommendations would be awesome. Some good tang suggestions and other cool smaller fish, or just fish that you don’t see too often in most tanks. Would love to hear what everyone has to say

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back