Anthias Harem/schooling

Mar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a trio of captive bred pink square anthias (supposedly they don’t do well singly). I’ve had them 7 months or so but don’t see any type of harem or schooling activity. They all appear female with an obviously dominant one that hasn’t transitioned yet and two smaller ones. There isn’t any aggression but none of them stay together in my 6 foot tank. They all seem to poke about on their own without much regard to the others. Is this normal behavior?
If I were to add more fish would I see some schooling activity?

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a trio of captive bred pink square anthias (supposedly they don’t do well singly). I’ve had them 7 months or so but don’t see any type of harem or schooling activity. They all appear female with an obviously dominant one that hasn’t transitioned yet and two smaller ones. There isn’t any aggression but none of them stay together in my 6 foot tank. They all seem to poke about on their own without much regard to the others. Is this normal behavior?
If I were to add more fish would I see some schooling activity?
How big is your tank? Typically you only see schooling of any fish in very large tanks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back