Anticipated date for being primarily on this forum???

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it was mentioned at the last FRAG / PROP auction that the consensus was to shift club activities / messages to this forum form the "other place"; I was just curious if there was a time frame in mind?

I enjoy this forum much more, and only go to the AZ FRAG sub forum of the other place, but was wondering what the plan / timeframe was.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be candid here; I'd like it to happen ASAP. :) (and it's really just for the reasons you mention - I'm not at all paid or compensated over here)

But the "other place" (we can mention RC, BTW - unlike the contrary position) has all the "old time" FRAG/PROP folks, and there's a desire to do things slow enough to not leave them behind.

To be more candid - we (the club officers or PROP farmers) can't openly post about this effort on RC without risk of RC locking or deleting the entire forum. That's happened to other clubs in the past - there's a pedigree for that concern. So this seems to really be the rate limiting step more than anything - we can't do it any faster than we can spread the word without openly posting about it on RC.

And for reasons like that, getting out from underneath the RC knife is really appealing. :) We will have a lot less restrictions over here, and also a lot more opportunity!

But at worst - I'd expect all club and PROP announcements to cease on RC by the end of the year. If there's still old members posting over there at that point, I'm not entirely sure how we'll handle that or if we do.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But PLEASE, if you (or anyone else reading this) has ideas to share on how to make it happen ASAP and bring everyone with us in the process, by all means share them!

(I do plan to send out a mail-chimp blast to everyone on the FRAG mailing list in the near future, but we/I recognize that won't reach everyone.)

OnlyTono

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But PLEASE, if you (or anyone else reading this) has ideas to share on how to make it happen ASAP and bring everyone with us in the process, by all means share them!

As an admin of that sub-forum, can you setup automatic PMs? So when anyone posts to the RC forum, they get a PM letting them know that the AZFRAG forum is moving R2R? if not, maybe just dedicate someone to doing just that. It shouldn't take long to reach most members that are active on the forum.

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a series of posts on all the FB groups? We could also put up a post on RC that simply says all the "board members" and prop farmers will no longer be present on RC, no need to say where we can be found but people should figure it out.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an admin of that sub-forum, can you setup automatic PMs? So when anyone posts to the RC forum, they get a PM letting them know that the AZFRAG forum is moving R2R? if not, maybe just dedicate someone to doing just that. It shouldn't take long to reach most members that are active on the forum.
But I'm not an admin on RC; none of us are. And that's a big part of what stiffles a club on RC - they leave administration up to an "impartial party" - someone who doesn't even live in the area.

We could also put up a post on RC that simply says all the "board members" and prop farmers will no longer be present on RC, no need to say where we can be found but people should figure it out.
We could, but I still feel that's risky. I really don't want to risk deletion of the whole forum over there - it has years of info and content that some users do not have posted anywhere else. No one will be happy if that was to happen.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 68 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back