Any 3D design experts out there?

carguy4471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping to find a 3D design whiz. I found a great design for a 3D printed hanna checker rack but it does not fit on my Ender CR6SE, by a smidge. I reached out to the designer but haven't heard back.

Is there anyone out there willing to give this file a little tweak? I believe my printer is 235x235 so it doesn't need much adjustment but I've come to realize I have no idea how fusion 3D works, lol.

File is here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4940970/files

If anyone is taking a look at this I am hoping to print the Ca/NO3/ALK option.

If anyone is willing to lend a hand I'd be willing to make a donation to a coffee fund or print one of these for you if you aren't in a rush.

Thank you all so much!!

TiggerMillions

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think if I shrink it then none of the items will fit.
I mean cut away the edges or the parts that aren't useful to you, it will be very close to the pockets. If not, slice them and glue them together after.

1678157303111.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean cut away the edges or the parts that aren't useful to you, it will be very close to the pockets. If not, slice them and glue them together after.

1678157303111.png
This is what I'd really like to do. Once in fusion I can hardly sort how to rotate the model to look at different angles (although I did manage it) and I still haven't even sorted how to measure something. I could hardly begin to modify it if I can't measure it. I'm certain I could youtube this for a week and figure it out but I was hoping someone with different skillset than mine may be able to handle this without much trouble (although I really do not know if this is much work).

I would like to keep those cuvette cap holders though.

I appreciate the encouragement though!! I may wind up having to muddle my way though it.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I removed 4mm from each of the spaces between the checker holders. had to re-layout the vial holders...
I plan to eventually release one on my page for folks that don't want to bother of for folks that are only into the super high-end in holders - like carbon fiber or tungsten.

OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed 4mm from each of the spaces between the checker holders. had to re-layout the vial holders...
I plan to eventually release one on my page for folks that don't want to bother of for folks that are only into the super high-end in holders - like carbon fiber or tungsten.
This is fantastic!! Thank you so much. I was even able to modify it like the original for the tests I want on there. I am absolutely shopping at Parl Aquatics when I have a need!!

Have you printed these? The original says no supports.... do the threads on the side really print with no support?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is fantastic!! Thank you so much. I was even able to modify it like the original for the tests I want on there. I am absolutely shopping at Parl Aquatics when I have a need!!

Have you printed these? The original says no supports.... do the threads on the side really print with no support?
thanks! I’ll m glad I could help!
I have printed it but I removed all the side stuff. (And didn’t know what I was doing at the time)
I doubt it would print without support.

OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! I’ll m glad I could help!
I have printed it but I removed all the side stuff. (And didn’t know what I was doing at the time)
I doubt it would print without support.
I've got the print going, I ran it with no support. There is some stringy danglers off the threads but it looks like they should clean up. I won't know for sure till it's done printing in a year or so, lol.

I should put it out there, I got the original design to print by removing build plate adhesion. If you have skirt or brim selected it will not fit. With the corner tabs on the design that appears to provide plenty of adhesion. So the original size is printing but I plan to print your smaller version once it's finished. My soon to be reef tank is going in my office so space is going to be at a premium and every millimeter I can save will certainly come in handy.

Again, can't thank you enough for your revised design. I really wish I had some better design skills and the ability to navigate fusion. If I had the time to invest I'd learn the software but it's quite complex it seems. I can follow along with basic youtube tutorials but beyond that I'm pretty useless. I commend anyone with a command of the software.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Keep it up. eventually, after doing enough tutorials and following along with enough videos it'll Gel.
I'm all self taught - a lot of stubbornness get you a long way - except with the wife.
if never done 3d stuff before the TinkerCAD training courses are super helpful for concepts and processes.

Those racks take 1/2 a spool of filament.

OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it up. eventually, after doing enough tutorials and following along with enough videos it'll Gel.
I'm all self taught - a lot of stubbornness get you a long way - except with the wife.
if never done 3d stuff before the TinkerCAD training courses are super helpful for concepts and processes.

Those racks take 1/2 a spool of filament.
Yeah, pretty filament intensive. And by the looks of things they take roughly 2 full days to print, give or take. The CR6SE has a filament runout sensor and on a couple past prints it ran out and I was able to change filament mid print. With this one if I misjudge how much filament I have on a roll I'll hopefully be able to change it out and keep the print going rather than having to start with a fresh spool every time.

Really appreciate the encouragement to keep at the 3D design stuff. I'll keep at it when I'm able, with any luck someday I'll be able to design up some basic stuff.

OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While getting the stl file ready for the narrow version to get started on I made a little discovery, when using the Alk option the right hand reagent pocket gets cutoff by the edge of the model. The Ca option all lines up, the Alk and Ca option all lines up, the No Alk and Ca option also gets the right side pocket cut off. Unfortunately it was the Alk option I was after. I tried to dive in and see if I could get the two pockets to just slide over but I'm afraid this one is over my head. If you've got any tips I'm in.

OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the original model he made it so you could switch out which Hanna kits you are using and it would change the arrangements of the reagent holders on top to accompany the correct bottle or packet options. He made a video of how to change it here:

In my post above I make reference to the 4 different options in the file, the four different options are available in the model by suppressing or unsuppressing either:
Alk
Ca
Alk and Ca
No Alk and Ca

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back