Any Advice on steady Temperature?

magsfins

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef tank has been set up for quite some time, I finally stocked it a few days ago and while getting my fish I decided to buy one of the digital thermometers that you stick to the glass. It tells me the highest temp and lowest temp within 24 hours and the current temp, I’m noticing at night my tank is dropping almost 2-3 full degrees. I have decided to get black out curtains to see if that helps prevent the big temperature change during the day, however I keep my blinds closed constantly around my tank. Any other advice on how I can keep my tank temperature stable, perhaps a better heater brand or any other ideas.
20260929_144332_BDC9AA6D-CE18-490F-BEB3-6320E38D3469.png
 
agree 2-3 degrees is not a big deal. However, I would suggest to anyone to use a controller (something like an inkbird) to control the heater and protect it from malfunction. The inkbird would also do a better job of regulating the temp than the heater would.
 
agree 2-3 degrees is not a big deal. However, I would suggest to anyone to use a controller (something like an inkbird) to control the heater and protect it from malfunction. The inkbird would also do a better job of regulating the temp than the heater would.
I agree most tank crashes are due to heater failures
 
a two to three degree swing is not that bad and wont bother anything, what kind of heater are you using?
It’s one my dad got me off amazon it’s brand is Hitauing. As long as it won’t affect anything too bad then I feel more comfortable, I was just worried because it’s the first time I noticed it since the heater always says it’s at its set temperature.
 
agree 2-3 degrees is not a big deal. However, I would suggest to anyone to use a controller (something like an inkbird) to control the heater and protect it from malfunction. The inkbird would also do a better job of regulating the temp than the heater would.
I will look into it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new