Any aquascape ideas for my new 55g??

aqualov3r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kno I need more rock.. I want hiding places and having it look nice with out the rocks falling and hitting the glass. This is my first tank this big. I'm not sure how many pillars I should have? Cuz the tank is only 13 inch deep so keeping in mind swimming space....any pics r more than welcomed :) I'm still new to this hobby and learning everyday.
image.jpg

pskirby95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're gonna want quite a good bit more, I have almost the exact same tank, but about 60 pounds of sand and a good 120 pounds of rock or so. I just redid my tanks aquascape and I'm loving the look of it now. Add an arch or something, and don't be afraid to get some different ledges and stuff in it too. I always say, it should look pleasing to the eye from every angle, top, front, and sides.
53a564fd1c7feea67fcc699b9b80609b.jpg
7511d9a9f5034a4c8e70e0046db79dd9.jpg
81217ffbec1d6cee300063f61258afed.jpg

OP
OP
aqualov3r

aqualov3r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful rock setup I guess I'm gonna have to play with it... Is that wat I'm looking at as far as swimming space? Is that how it should be? Cuz I hav a blue jaw trigger, snowflake eel, and a lunar wrasse.... I tried puffers but they didn't work out and didn't really do much so I think I wanna go with colorful fish that move around a lot like tangs or angels but heard they're hard to keep?

pushtc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been rock stacking my 55 for over a year but as of a couple days ago I tried some aquascaping.
FB_IMG_1433979886647.jpg
20150612_014047.jpg

pskirby95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful rock setup I guess I'm gonna have to play with it... Is that wat I'm looking at as far as swimming space? Is that how it should be? Cuz I hav a blue jaw trigger, snowflake eel, and a lunar wrasse.... I tried puffers but they didn't work out and didn't really do much so I think I wanna go with colorful fish that move around a lot like tangs or angels but heard they're hard to keep?

I have a coral beauty angel, and she just swims around the rocks and everything. I've actually got quite a good amount of swimming room in the upper part of my tank. And my damsels and clown play up there. I'm gonna be upgrading to a larger tank soon hopefully.

I used to keep a yellow tang in there but he died because he wouldn't eat his nori. And my damsels have killed off a few fish that are smaller than them too, but I think the Coral Beauty is keeping them in check haha. Keep me updated with your aquascape!

OP
OP
aqualov3r

aqualov3r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the width of it is making it tricky...I will definitely look into the coral beauty angel... They seem to be okay with clowns as well?

pskirby95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the width of it is making it tricky...I will definitely look into the coral beauty angel... They seem to be okay with clowns as well?

She hasn't even really interacted with my clown, just keeps to her self till one of my damsels decides to act up.

eric3316

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 55g. No problems scaping it. Sure a wider tank might make things easier and offer different options but no reason why a 55 can't look great either and still offer good room in the front and back.
IMG_20150617_105830-picsay.jpg
IMG_20150617_110506-picsay.jpg

OP
OP
aqualov3r

aqualov3r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to arrange my rocks so I can have swimming space in the front and the back, because as of right now I have the rocks leaning against the back wall

eric3316

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to arrange my rocks so I can have swimming space in the front and the back, because as of right now I have the rocks leaning against the back wall
Have you added more rock to your tank?

bumperbeetle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral beauty, 2 clowns, a red flame angel and an orange shoulder tang in my tank along with a cbs and 3 chromis and they are all bff's. I should point out however that they were all introduced to my tank at the same time and some were even tankmates at my lfs.

Back