Thoughts on my first aquascape?

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 gallon peninsula that I’m aquascapinf. This is about 40-50 pounds of rock. I’m brand new so looking to get thoughts and perspectives from those more experienced such as more/less rock, poor structure etc. thank you!

IMG_0539.jpeg IMG_0538.jpeg

strich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think that's a great shape! However you should consider your coral plans and the height of the structure. For example I really like the tall shape of the left structure, however you might want to consider removing the tall part and replacing that with a coral that will eventually fill the same shape, like a mushroom leather or something. Otherwise will that take structure just get in the way?

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it... The only thing I'd consider is rotating one/both of the stacks inward towards the center of tank.

If you rotate the right just a touch it will give more interest along the back and open up that space in the front even more.

OP
OP
Thorne19

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's beautiful! I'd just keep in mind stability or glue/epoxy some rocks together. I'd consider epoxying together your 2 little islands when you finish since you'd still be able to remove them
Thank you. I am definitely adhering it all together before final placement. Just making sure I really like it and no one else sees any issues I may not.

OP
OP
Thorne19

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think that's a great shape! However you should consider your coral plans and the height of the structure. For example I really like the tall shape of the left structure, however you might want to consider removing the tall part and replacing that with a coral that will eventually fill the same shape, like a mushroom leather or something. Otherwise will that take structure just get in the way?
Thank you and that is a great point. I’m in no rush right now as far as corals go so I may leave it with the ability in the future to remove that top to replace with coral. Thank you for your insight

OP
OP
Thorne19

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it... The only thing I'd consider is rotating one/both of the stacks inward towards the center of tank.

If you rotate the right just a touch it will give more interest along the back and open up that space in the front even more.
Thank you! I like that idea. I’ll play around with the angles before final placement

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Looks great!

Are you sand or barebottom?

It looks like you have some rocks left over, perfect for sticking in the sump for extra "pod" homes or filtration.

OP
OP
Thorne19

Thorne19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!

Are you sand or barebottom?

It looks like you have some rocks left over, perfect for sticking in the sump for extra "pod" homes or filtration.
Thank you Jesse. I’m going sand, I really like the look and filtration it provides. That’s a great idea to put some of the leftovers in the sump, I didn’t even think of that.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back