Any ATI T5 users left ? I think Im going back to T5 from Radions

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im Puerto Rico 00614. I try the FB Market but no luck finding a good one. Found 1 but the guy gives me the feeling I could end up in a paypal dispute
Found some but most wont ship outside. Have you tried calling local shops around to see? I can find the 6 by 39 inch ati easier. Lol

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. 24 of those bad boys!

20240127_143100.jpg

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just popped 2 ati coral plus and 2 ATI blue plus brand new bulbs in a 48" ceiling fixture and measured the output at 12" with a itc parwise, this is what I got. This will complement my reef breeders 48" v2.

Screenshot_20240303_151628_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240303_151418_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today Reef Builders put out the same question
Regarding T5. Its interesting how many users still have there setups

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from PC to MH to T5 then to LED back to MH and now going back to T5. Wow the circle of life is making a full turn around. To be honest I think T5's are better then even the newest LEDs. They are just to easy to put in some new bulbs and you are good to go. But I think the problem with LEDs everyone likes to play around with them and then your corals can not get use to it so you dont get the same fast growth as you do with T5.

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from PC to MH to T5 then to LED back to MH and now going back to T5. Wow the circle of life is making a full turn around. To be honest I think T5's are better then even the newest LEDs. They are just to easy to put in some new bulbs and you are good to go. But I think the problem with LEDs everyone likes to play around with them and then your corals can not get use to it so you dont get the same fast growth as you do with T5.
True. Plus Leds are expensive in every way

wccbr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still using an AquaticLife T5HO hybrid 4 bulb 61" fixture. Finding good bulbs is really hard in my area. I'm wishing that I could afford to switch to LED since if I were to actually change the bulbs every 6 months like they say it would cost me a fortune. My bulbs are quite old but since I don't have access to a PAR meter, I have no idea how much the light quality has declined.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finding good bulbs is really hard in my area.
60" bulbs are in stock on bulk reef supply online, as well as other places.
I'm wishing that I could afford to switch to LED since if I were to actually change the bulbs every 6 months like they say it would cost me a fortune.
There is no reason to change them more than yearly. I routinely go 18 months, sometimes much longer.

wccbr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60" bulbs are in stock on bulk reef supply online, as well as other places.

There is no reason to change them more than yearly. I routinely go 18 months, sometimes much longer.
No worries. I have no intention of replacing them that often. I think the bulbs I'm using now are several years old but I'd like to know how much the spectrum or output has degraded.

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries. I have no intention of replacing them that often. I think the bulbs I'm using now are several years old but I'd like to know how much the spectrum or output has degraded.
I wouldn’t go as far as a year replacing bulbs if its an SPS or LPS tank. Corals could tell you if they are needing light

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In one of the rare exceptions where BRS did not want your money, they had a long-term study that showed that 24 months out of T5 bulbs is plenty OK for any coral. Much like many MH bulbs, if you are not going to replace them after a few months, then the difference between 12 and 24 is not that much.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss the T5 looks and growth.

I have 2 Radions XR15 in a 36x21x20 tank 65 gallons

I got nice colors some corals looking shaded in the bottom and some not getting good PAR.
300 PAR the most running at 85%

Not looking into hybrid as it adds more cords and the cost is not effective when I could sell my Radions and get a T5 fixture for the same price
I just saw this thread. Have no time to read it all, and to me it won't matter much anyway.
Get the non dimmable version of the Sunpower and call it the happiest day of your reefing life.
You won't regret it!

OP
OP
eggie

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this thread. Have no time to read it all, and to me it won't matter much anyway.
Get the non dimmable version of the Sunpower and call it the happiest day of your reefing life.
You won't regret it!
Thats what Im looking for ATI America got there container and they will be stocking ATI fixtures again in a couple of weeks.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 bulb Tek fixture that I've had for about 10 years. For some reason the ballasts have been burning out on it more frequently in the last 3 years. I replaced one ballast about 3 years ago, then both of them about a year ago and now one of them has blown again.

Replacing the ballast isn't that difficult but it's a pain to keep buying them every 12-18 months and it would be nice not to have fluorescent bulbs to dispose of. The bulbs and ballasts are also getting harder to find - BRS still carries the bulbs but it looks like they've stopped caring the ballasts and they no longer stock 48" T5 fixtures. (I actually can't find them anywhere).

Problem is, it's $1,000 - $1,500 to get an equivalent LED setup. Granted the LED has some advantages but it's still a pretty expensive pill to swallow.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 16 48” bulbs over my 360, 50/50 blue plus and ABS is the best look imo.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those running a fixture that is shorter than their tank (24” light on 36” tank, 36” light on a 48” tank), is there sufficient coverage on the ends of the tank?

It would be great if I could get away with getting a longer tank without having to upgrade my lights.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back