Any avast pegleg 250 experience?

nerses818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone just looking for some input on the avast marine pegleg 250 skimmers, they seem really nice. Anyone have firsthand experience with them? Looking into possibly upgrading in the future for my heavy bioload 150g, will it be overkill?

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 250 might be overkill if there is such a thing, as @AVAST Marine does not overstate the size of their skimmers in the slightest, if it says 200-400 gallons, they really mean that large. You actually do need the 250 though. With a heavy bioload, you'll be able to feed really well and still be fine with parameters. Their skimmers are some of the best you can get. I would compare the Pegleg to high performance Deltec's actually. Same thought process and manufacturing, even on the DIY kits. Avast manufacturers pretty perfect equipment, at least with all of the Avast stuff I have and use; they do not cut corners. I'd give you a full thumbs up on buying the 250, and even go further and say that once you get it, you will be surprised that you ever ran anything else but something with level of quality.
Following to see how it goes.. :cool:

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the predecessor to the 250 (which is the same skimmer, just without the new dials/bells and whistles) and it was simply amazing in its constant ease of use. There wasnt much dialing in or fussing with the skimmer at all. Never had a problem with it at all. Here's a picture of mine when it was brand new and then after a few months of running. My system was about 280 gallons all told. The skimmer would run idle for several hours a day because I didnt have enough livestock to make the skimmer work hard.

20150207_001150.jpg
20160212_175628.jpg
20160212_175641.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back