Any butterfly pair keepers here ?

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks !

Yup I love Matt’s talk and have been in discussion with him on the matter . He has been such an amazing help !!!

He has a Melapterus x Trifasciatus pair over 1.5 years and that’s such an amazing feat !!

I know they are available seldom - just looking for someone who can point me where to find them .
Depends on which one you want. LFS should be able to order in the Trifasciatus and Plebeius I have seen both in local stores lately and on importer lists. If you want one of the rarer ones could be worth reaching out to some of the specialty suppliers, like TSM or Marine Collectors. NY aquatics has a mesoleucos.

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on which one you want. LFS should be able to order in the Trifasciatus and Plebeius I have seen both in local stores lately and on importer lists. If you want one of the rarer ones could be worth reaching out to some of the specialty suppliers, like TSM or Marine Collectors. NY aquatics has a mesoleucos.

Thank you for the info . Definitely will try and see if I can get hold of some importers and even if it means paying for a box !
C.mesoleucos is not a species am actually looking for but thanks none the less for letting me know . A rare one for sure .

Regards,
Abhishek

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saltwaterfish has C. plebius in stock:

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe their price on semilarvatus - $135!! Best price I've ever seen for them. Especially incredible considering the current pandemic price inflation for fish.
If you look closely their prices are off the charts ! Almost close to whole seller prices on many of them .. I hope we can give @SALGADO AQUATICS a kudos for their prices and an uplift in their sales :)

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I have to wait until Monday to order from Salgado Aquatics

Spoke to them over phone and any order placed from Wednesday to Sunday - MUST be shipped on Monday for Tuesday delivery .

But am out for work on Tuesday and hence requested to ship any other day which they cannot :(

Wish they could just hold it for a day :(

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%

Back