Any cheap prepackaged gravity ATO's that fit an Aqueon tank?

Razorbacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a cheap gravity ATO device for my PetCo Aqueon 20 gallon. I ordered the below as it appeared it would just barely fit my tank, but it does not. The lip is too wide. Considering how popular Aqueon tanks are I figure there has to be a cheap prepackaged product like this that fits. I know these are commonly DIY'ed but I'm not the greatest at that stuff and I'd rather have a prepackage solution that just works vs having to fiddle with various tubing, seals, and bottles to get it just right.

I generally don't mind topping off manually, but had a long trip recently where the water level fell more than I would like even with a glass lid.

Link

Last edited:

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the Chinese ones in the link are probably your best bet. I found finding a bottle to fit mine was the biggest challenge.
I have found the Evian bottles work, they do not seem to at first but they do and do not leak.
Second I would incorporate a sock to keep the light out of the bottle, algae out of your bottle, algae out of your tank.
They do not really fit on a Aqueon tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back