Hydrofill ATO malfunction

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jcantrell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jcantrell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2020
Messages
20
Reaction score
6
Location
Inman
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM Hydrofill ATO that is malfunctioning. I initially discovered that water was continuously draining from the reservoir into the tank. It was not actively pumping so I am guessing that it was flowing due to gravity. I was able to break the siphon but now the sensors do not appear to be triggering the pump. The sensors appear clean for the most part except for the fact that a limpet is attached to one of the sensors. Could this be causing a disruption of the circuit? I tried to gently remove the limpet without causing it harm but it is doing what you would expect a limpet to do. I don't want to forcibly remove it if this is not the problem.
 
Bumping your post!
 
I’ve had this unit for over 2 years with a few finicky adjustments along the way. Even with sensors limpet-free and recently cleaned with a vinegar soak, neither sensor seems to trigger properly. The pump simply runs non-stop. I’m going to order replacement probes to see if that solves the issue.

I’ll post an update once I can replace the probes. I’ve never really had confidence in this ATO and will likely return to a Tunze setup. ATO should be reliable particularly with the cost of the IM solution. Whether a large or small setup, ATO should not be another thing to lose sleep over.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new