Any clown hosting anemones besides bubble tips that don’t get too big

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 breeder and want a anemone for my ocelaris clowns. I have had a bubble tip in the past, but I want to try something different. Is there a anemone that will host them that will stay similar in size to a bubble tip?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Magnificent Sea Anemone (Heteractis magnifica)
  • Giant Carpet Sea Anemone (Stichodactyla gigantea), Merten's Carpet Sea Anemone (S. mertensii)
  • May adapt to Bubble Tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor) in aquariums; also known to host the Haddon's Saddle Carpet Anemone (Stichodactyla haddoni)
  • List of what the species hosts in the wild. Now there is also no guarantee they will host any anemone when added. Clowns are weird, some want to host a duncan, some an overflow box. Mine for about three weeks hosted a cyano algae sheet.

OP
OP
Is this the LFS

Is this the LFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Magnificent Sea Anemone (Heteractis magnifica)
  • Giant Carpet Sea Anemone (Stichodactyla gigantea), Merten's Carpet Sea Anemone (S. mertensii)
  • May adapt to Bubble Tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor) in aquariums; also known to host the Haddon's Saddle Carpet Anemone (Stichodactyla haddoni)
  • List of what the species hosts in the wild. Now there is also no guarantee they will host any anemone when added. Clowns are weird, some want to host a duncan, some an overflow box. Mine for about three weeks hosted a cyano algae sheet.
Ya i was not wondering what types hosted. I was wondering what types would not get too big. Almost all of those get over a foot big

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a H. Malu right after Christmas. Also getting a pair of wild rose colored skunk Clowns. Definitely the wild clowns are more likely to be hosted by a nem because that's what they already did in the wild.

I also chose the H. Malu because it likes to be in the sand bed.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Long tentacle anemones are an option... they don't get as big as carpets but are bigger usually than btas in my experience

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back