Need some suggestions

B05A7E0F-F8A0-4DF5-BB5B-D578FF5E0D90.jpeg

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you just starting to keep corals? If so I would go with zoas, GSP, mushrooms, and even xenia it looks nice just keep the population under control. Duncans are also great, they grow quickly but arent highly invasive. If you have experience w/ corals I would go with maybe some euphyllias, bubble corals, or you could cover than entire rock in the middle with a cyphastrea. Or you could get a few and mix them up that would look nice, with the whole middle rock encrusted with color.

OP
OP
W

willcollv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am very new to coral so all advice is helpful and maybe was thinking about adding a pair of clowns. I heard mushrooms are popular for clowns the real question are how hard are they to care for?

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am very new to coral so all advice is helpful and maybe was thinking about adding a pair of clowns. I heard mushrooms are popular for clowns the real question are how hard are they to care for?

Some shrooms are darn near impossible to kill in my experience...,,, As for what works for you, that depends on your tank parameters and how carefully you keep it at those parameters.

For me, not testing, not dosing..... Anemones, and torches just take off like wildfire, and plating corals do great until my nems get them

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to corals, well all of it. I was to soon too fast but fortunately with info here and a couple friends was able not to kill off anything. Most of my coral is really taking off. I mostly picked out what I liked and talked with LFS, and researched. I went with easy to care for coral, for now. Will try something else when I am more educated. Good luck

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For mushrooms I would start out with some simple discosoma shrooms, or even ricordea. They come in so many colors, grow pretty quickly, and are overall very easy to care for. Ive never had any issue with mine, and ive been meaninig to buy some more.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back