Coral suggestions

KevMurrkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

New to r2r; however I have a 32 gal biocube which has been going for about 2 months. I have a normal ocellaris clownfish and an Wyoming white clownfish. I got the water parameters to the correct levels so I'm looking for some suggestions on beginner corals for my tank.

I appreciate any advice!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello everyone,

New to r2r; however I have a 32 gal biocube which has been going for about 2 months. I have a normal ocellaris clownfish and an Wyoming white clownfish. I got the water parameters to the correct levels so I'm looking for some suggestions on beginner corals for my tank.

I appreciate any advice!
Zoas
Candy cane
Mushroom
Finger leather
Trumpet coral
Xenia

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
firstly; welcome aboard the r2r board. hello from PA!

secondly; i would wait until your tank has matured a bit more. even easy to keep corals will be stunted or have some form of TN(tissue necrosis). roughly at the 6mo mark you can add corals without fear. what light are you using over the biocube? what are your tank parameters? what did you test it with?

OP
OP
K

KevMurrkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
firstly; welcome aboard the r2r board. hello from PA!

secondly; i would wait until your tank has matured a bit more. even easy to keep corals will be stunted or have some form of TN(tissue necrosis). roughly at the 6mo mark you can add corals without fear. what light are you using over the biocube? what are your tank parameters? what did you test it with?
I ordered the test kit online that measures the ph, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, calcium, and phosphate. I have the normal lights that came with the bio cube. I researched about TN a little; is it more likely to happen to stoney corals?

I was hoping to get some candy cane or zoanthids to start.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I ordered the test kit online that measures the ph, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, calcium, and phosphate. I have the normal lights that came with the bio cube. I researched about TN a little; is it more likely to happen to stoney corals?

I was hoping to get some candy cane or zoanthids to start.
TN is more-so for stony corals, yes. however, some leathers do get a form of this, where their foot starts dying off. with the default biocube light, you're probably better off sticking to soft corals for now.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back