Any experience with blue throat trigger fish and clams

  • Thread starter Thread starter outerbank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

outerbank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
275
Reaction score
463
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to add a male BT trigger but I am afraid he will one day shred my clams just for the heck of it or to rearrange the tank. Does anyone have experience with BTTs and clams or know of anyone else's experience?
 
Had no issues with cross hatches and Tridacna clams in a display at a shop I worked at many years ago, I believe they are in the same genus of blue throats Xanad....something (spelling?)

They are pelagic planktonvores, in reefs- shrimp and occasionally a crab or two are generally all that are at risk.
 
I had a pair of blue throats for a while as well as a derasa and I didn't see any picking. Still have the clam, traded the blue throats for unrelated reasons.
 
The Xanthichtys triggers are not threat to anything. They are planktivores and are less dangerous than a larger tang (which can eat coral and clams as they get larger). Certianly less risk than non-Genicanthus Angelfish.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-05/hcs3/index.php
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new