Any experiences with C-feed?

LordJoshaeus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Messages
594
Reaction score
538
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! While doing research online, I found a Norwegian company called C-feed that sells dormant copepod eggs as a first food for marine larvae. Has anyone had experience ordering from this company? Thanks :)
 
I haven't heard of them until now! Looks like they sell Acartia tonsa eggs. Would be great if they expanded to Parvocalanus as well. Aside from that, I haven't heard of people using Acartia lately. Mostly it's been Apocyclops and Parvocalanus that have been the buzz-pods lately.
http://www.cfeed.no/products/
 
I haven't heard of them until now! Looks like they sell Acartia tonsa eggs. Would be great if they expanded to Parvocalanus as well. Aside from that, I haven't heard of people using Acartia lately. Mostly it's been Apocyclops and Parvocalanus that have been the buzz-pods lately.
http://www.cfeed.no/products/
True...but they say you can hatch these in a very similar fashion to brine shrimp eggs, and that would be extremely valuable for raising marine fry even if they are more expensive (they told me they sell 1 million eggs for 25 USD...they also sell 50-90 million eggs to aquaculture companies for a cheaper 7 USD per million eggs. I am not sure whether that price included shipping).
 
And how many grams is 1 million eggs? Just so I can do a price comparison to brine shrimp eggs. Although...the bulk price is still a lot (350$/50 mill, 630$/90 mill)...it might be an efficient way of getting a clean culture started though, since the water weight vs dried eggs for shipping is quite a lot.

I'd be willing to be that the price doesn't include shipping. The company's based in Norway, and international freight is a lot, even more so now that travel is reduced.
 
And how many grams is 1 million eggs? Just so I can do a price comparison to brine shrimp eggs. Although...the bulk price is still a lot (350$/50 mill, 630$/90 mill)...it might be an efficient way of getting a clean culture started though, since the water weight vs dried eggs for shipping is quite a lot.

I'd be willing to be that the price doesn't include shipping. The company's based in Norway, and international freight is a lot, even more so now that travel is reduced.
C-feed did not say, but a similar product on another site said that a million eggs was 25 grams. Seems suspiciously light to me...a similar quantity of brine shrimp eggs is only about 4-5 grams.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new