Any Feedback on the Icecap 60 gal AIO?

Lord AL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be purchasing a larger aquarium in the next 2 months. It needs to be a AIO and I prefer the long display designs. I like the Waterbox 65, but the price with shipping is hard to justify. I can't source an innovative marine without the stand, which puts the cost about the same as a Waterbox. I have came across the tideline 62 AIO and the Icecap 60 AIO. I believe the Icecap is a newer tank and therefore doesn't seem to be much info on it. I prefer the Icecap filtration chamber layout better, so that is what I am leaning towards purchasing. My LFS can easily order it as well. I sure would like to hear some feedback about icecap AIOs in general but most specifically if anyone has any experience with an Icecap 60 gal AIO.

Any feedback on the Icecap 60 gallon would be greatly appreciated!

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just playing devil's advocate - why does it "need to be AIO"?

I haven't read anything, good or bad about icecap tank systems. I have an algae scrubber from them and it works great. I have heard others complain about the quality or reliability of some of their equipment, perhaps a "you get what you pay for" scenario.

Personally, AIO or not, I'd only buy a tank from a reputable manufacturer for a tank that size. For smaller tanks (1-20 gal range), I think there's less chance of failure due to quality issues.

OP
OP
L

Lord AL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry, I thought I responded. I guess I forgot to submit. I like the simplicity of an AIO. Where I am going to place the tank, there is not much vertical space. It is going against a 4' half wall separating my kitchen and living room.

I guess what I am trying to determine is if Icecap is a reputable brand.

Back