Any recommended 25-30 gallon tanks?

kodak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found some great 25-30 gallon tall tanks but i was wondering how i would set up media filtration. I've had a 65 gallon waterbox with a sump that already had prebuilt mechanical filtration, but im going to be getting a new smaller tank without a sump and i wasnt sure what i would need to do to fully set that up.

Im on a budget, ive found some 25 gallon tanks with dimensions i like, but they dont have any area with an overflow or filtration built in, as expected. I found the AIO 25 Peninsula which has similar dimensions, an overflow and some kind of mechanical filtration but it's 5 times the price. Is that necessary? I am of course willing to buy it if it's needed but i just figured id ask.

Here's the two tanks im stuck between for reference:
AIO 25 Peninsula - $300
Aqueon 29 gallon (or the 20 gallon instead, similar price)

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted a similar thread. I'm looking at the IM 20L now... little smaller than what you're looking for, but the price point seems great.

OP
OP
kodak

kodak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you deciding to go without a sump?
For such a small tank there arent many setups with a sump. Are there any 20-30 gallon tanks with sumps that you would recommend? I cant seem to find any that arent 1k+

javajaws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine has a few in that size range and can highly recommend them (I just got a 25 lagoon for a coral qt tank). They also offer lids for them or you can buy ones from other places like Kraken Reef, etc.

OP
OP
kodak

kodak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine has a few in that size range and can highly recommend them (I just got a 25 lagoon for a coral qt tank). They also offer lids for them or you can buy ones from other places like Kraken Reef, etc.
I'll check them out, thanks for the insight

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 81 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back