Any Fish you regret?????

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about carpet annuities?

i dun know whats the rate of return on it, and is there a term period of a gaurentee min payout?
(sarcasm) lol...

I think i can count with one hand the people that didn't kill off carpets, i hear they are on the other side of BTA in difficulty.

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely coral beauty. Killed my Blotchy, Midas Blenny, and almost a royal gramma. Gave the CB away. Beautiful fish but absolutely horrible demeanor

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one have experience with Neon Dottyback? It is super active and aggressive. My Flasher wrasse now hiding a lot of time.
Yeah they're jerks. Mine isn't a problem but his tank mates are a six line wrasse and a mated pair of adult clowns so nobody takes his ****.

But I see everyone in this thread listing out all the fish I currently have in the big tank... sometimes the aggressive fish is less of a problem when there's other aggressive fish fighting back. Or maybe I got lucky and got the friendliest orchid dottyback alive?

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a video which says your diamond goby can also be a total jerk.

This is a total A Hole move... funny but real A Hole...

Ok that made my Saturday! I miss my Diamond Goby(s). That's because my Whitetail Bristletooth Tang can be an ******. He harassed 3 Diamond Gobies to death - 2 jumped (1 while cleaning the tank and 1 where I forgot to replace the feeding cover). The 3rd DG was a bigger one - I thought he'd be able to defend himself better - put him in after lights out, hoping he'd find a hiding place, he was dead in the morning. The Tang will pick algae out of the gravel and I think he views the DG's as competition.

For the price that the Whitetails are going for now, if I could catch him (I've tried), I'd trade him in for a few other fish. Really thought I wanted a Tang when I started the tank - not so much anymore. However, my One-Spot Foxface, who shadows the Tang all of the time, is a model citizen.

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one day I had to take my tank apart to take one of this little devil out, he was bullying everyone
1000084692.jpg

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten 2 6 line wrasse, and never had a problem. In fact the one I have now, seems to be at the bottom of the pack.

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

robertjules1981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Koran Angel, almost killed a gem tang I got. No previous nibbles at my other LPS corals then ate half of a 6 inch $800 acantho from the middle mouth out to the edge… he’s now in the sump after multiple different fish traps.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back