Any good CUC recommendations

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 32.5 FluvalSmart with 3 margarita snails 2 nassarius snails 1 fighting conch 1 fire shrimp and 1 trochus and 1 stometella snail and was contemplating getting a tuxedo urchin and a sand sifting star and some more snails any other recommendations?

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't care for urchins. They're natures bulldozers and they don't know the difference between algae and coral. Sandsifting stars eventually run out of food and die. Blue leg hermit crabs are really good at picking rocks clean. If you have GHA, Mexican turbo snails are tough to beat.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't care for urchins. They're natures bulldozers and they don't know the difference between algae and coral. Sandsifting stars eventually run out of food and die. Blue leg hermit crabs are really good at picking rocks clean. If you have GHA, Mexican turbo snails are tough to beat.
cool I have heard multiple things about stars and i feed pretty heavy because i have 3 pajama cardinals and a clownfish would a star starve if he ran out of algae and had pellets to eat?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back