ANY Good LFS in Dallas, TX?

bradleym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be there for a few days next week (Irving, technically), and I love to shop for nems when I can. Any good stores I should try to check out?

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind a drive to Ft. Worth, Coral Vault always has really incredible stuff, though I'm not sure how many nems they have. Dallas North Aquarium is also pretty good. I know they periodically have colorado sun bursts among others. Be sure to ask to see John's office tanks if you are looking for higher end stuff.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind a drive to Ft. Worth, Coral Vault always has really incredible stuff, though I'm not sure how many nems they have. Dallas North Aquarium is also pretty good. I know they periodically have colorado sun bursts among others. Be sure to ask to see John's office tanks if you are looking for higher end stuff.
Years ago a girl working for the Dallas store was great with advise and quarantine methods, can’t remember her name, but wanted to go from FTW to Dallas and meet her.

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaStudio, Coral Vault, and Coral Station are my usual. Dallas North Aquarium has good stuff sometimes, but I mainly shop for supplies there.

Edit - Coral Vault is only open Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Coral Station is Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Asagi got his blue gigantea from @BlackLabelAquatics but they're in austin which is 4 hours away lol. tagging him in case he knows any good dallas spots
Hi fellas. The best store I’ve been to in dallas is Aquastudios Aquarium. When I say best, it’s a pretty dry market so don’t take that as a recommendation, haha! From what I’ve been told the hobby was crippled during the big freeze this region had maybe 3 years ago. Lots of people lost power for multiple days during teen temperatures. Nuked a lot of folks tanks. It’s taking a minute to get hobbyists interested again I’d guess. This town needs a quality reef store badly. We certainly have a good location to take in all kinds of direct shipments from overseas. If I thought I’d ever make any money I’d open one, LOL.

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaStudio, Coral Vault, and Coral Station are my usual. Dallas North Aquarium has good stuff sometimes, but I mainly shop for supplies there.

Edit - Coral Vault is only open Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Coral Station is Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Coral station is kinda, well, boring. Plus the owner doesn't seem like much of a hobbyist to me. Been one time, ain't going back.

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral station is kinda, well, boring. Plus the owner doesn't seem like much of a hobbyist to me. Been one time, ain't going back.
To each their own. I have had nothing but great experiences there. Owners are knowledgeable and have a good and healthy coral selection. Not much on the SPS side at the moment but plenty of LPS and softies. They also usually have some nicer nems available.

Flyntm08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral-Vault in Haslet(North Fort Worth) is amazing, they always have an amazing selection and everyone there is knowledgeable, helpful, and will even recommend other items based on what your preferences are. I know you won't be here but for a few days, but if you are a local and there is anything you need they will order it for you.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I visited Aquastudios this past weekend, highly recommend. It's a shop run by a hobbyist, for hobbyists. Unique livestock selection, they even had berghia nudibranchs in stock which I've never seen at a LFS. Owner seems like a good guy and is obviously an enthusiastic hobbyist himself.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back