Looking for LFS in the Dallas area

smarcuscofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping my Texas peeps can help me find an LFS in the Dallas area this isn't a popular hobby in this part of the world it's hard to find a store with nice selections and good looking frag racks thanks for any help out suggestions in advance

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty! I'm located in Plano, and I enjoy:

• DFW North Aquarium. Very large store, good selection, check the corner frag room for good deals. Also the only place I've seen lowboy frag tanks for sale
  • Exotic Aquatics
  • Aquatic Design
  • AquaStudios. This one is my favorite. Run by an enthusiast, for enthusiasts. Great selection of unique livestock that I don't generally see elsewhere.

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what @TX_REEF said but add
  • Coral Vault - might be kind of far for you depending on where you live but have excellent selection of coral. Located in Haslet.
  • Coral Station - newer store but all my experiences with them have been great. Great selection of coral but mostly lps and softies. Located in Addison.

OP
OP
S

smarcuscofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty! I'm located in Plano, and I enjoy:

• DFW North Aquarium. Very large store, good selection, check the corner frag room for good deals. Also the only place I've seen lowboy frag tanks for sale
  • Exotic Aquatics
  • Aquatic Design
  • AquaStudios. This one is my favorite. Run by an enthusiast, for enthusiasts. Great selection of unique livestock that I don't generally see elsewhere.
I've been to exotic aquatics it's ok the frag rack was not looking great when I was there last I like places near Plano so I can stop at little sechuan cuisine lol I was hoping you would mention aqua studios I was looking at them online it looked hopeful.....I live over 2 hours away and hate to make the drive and be disappointed when I get there you almost fell pressured by yourself to make a purchase so you didn't go all that way for nothing

OP
OP
S

smarcuscofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what @TX_REEF said but add
  • Coral Vault - might be kind of far for you depending on where you live but have excellent selection of coral. Located in Haslet.
  • Coral Station - newer store but all my experiences with them have been great. Great selection of coral but mostly lps and softies. Located in Addison.
I think I was looking at the coral vault not to long ago I think... They do online orders right? On the other side of fort worth from me I think

Flyntm08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Coral-Vault in Haslet, I live right down the street from them and they have a great selection. They also run auctions on their website and you may be able to pick up some great frags at a fraction of the cost. Being in the area you can always pick up in person and save with the shipping costs as well. I usually go to the shop every weekend just to walk around.

OP
OP
S

smarcuscofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Coral-Vault in Haslet, I live right down the street from them and they have a great selection. They also run auctions on their website and you may be able to pick up some great frags at a fraction of the cost. Being in the area you can always pick up in person and save with the shipping costs as well. I usually go to the shop every weekend just to walk around.
Sweet thanks I was interested in that one the reviews were good it's the farthest from me I think

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping my Texas peeps can help me find an LFS in the Dallas area this isn't a popular hobby in this part of the world it's hard to find a store with nice selections and good looking frag racks thanks for any help out suggestions in advance
I’ve been to the main 3 in DFW that I’m aware of - fish gallery has hardly any saltwater

* exotic aquatics - the manager is the best in the area. Very knowledgeable. Probably the best customer service.

Limited livestock selection and the coral selection went from being great to very meh after they had a big tank crash wipe out some expensive torches and stuff.

* aquastudios - great selection on saltwater oddballs.

Coral selection is not great. They have some high end colonies but they also have a major Aiptasia thing going

The staff has a weird attitude there that rubs me the wrong way - it’s like they pretend to be nice but hate their customers underneath. Seems to be a vibe

* Dallas north aquarium has a good selection of stuff but no oddballs. Lots of basic popular fish but you’re never going to find anything rare there

Corals are hit and miss

The store vibe is more ‘corporate’ and the sales reps kinda pounce on you

All 3 are solid but none of them really jump out - the best stuff by far comes from the coral shows. Those guys are total pros and have amazing corals - the LFSs can’t hold a candle to that stuff

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back