Help! - Looking for Interceptor

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I live in Dallas, TX. Trying to find interceptor to treat a suspected acro bug infestation. Unfortunately, none of the vets in my area are willing to help with this. Do any of you guys have ideas?
Thanks in advance.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all,
I live in Dallas, TX. Trying to find interceptor to treat a suspected acro bug infestation. Unfortunately, none of the vets in my area are willing to help with this. Do any of you guys have ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Hmmm. I believe there are veterinarians available online - which you could contact by zoom. A relative is a veterinarian - what type are you looking for?

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a couple of feed stores, of which there are many around here. I have seen multiple antibiotics on the shelf at Johnson Feed in Lewisville (great store, great owner). I have not looked specifically for interceptor but they may be able to help you out. Johnson Feed closed at noon today but there are probably others open.

OP
OP
L

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have experience with this company? Are the meds legit?
The chews contain a lot of other stuff (i.e. to make them taste good) - its best to get a pure formulation - because you can't tell how much 'active ingredient' is within each part of a tablet. If you dissolve the whole thing - this is not an issue - but - you will have to be careful with the dilution

OP
OP
L

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chews contain a lot of other stuff (i.e. to make them taste good) - its best to get a pure formulation - because you can't tell how much 'active ingredient' is within each part of a tablet. If you dissolve the whole thing - this is not an issue - but - you will have to be careful with the dilution
I see your point, any leads on finding a pure formulation?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see your point, any leads on finding a pure formulation?
No - but you just need to dissolve the whole tablet (as compared to breaking it in half, etc). Apparently, in the US most stores require a veterinarian prescription to sell it.

OP
OP
L

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - but you just need to dissolve the whole tablet (as compared to breaking it in half, etc). Apparently, in the US most stores require a veterinarian prescription to sell it.
Yea…that’s the issue, can’t find a local vet willing to work with me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back