Any good use for an Android tablet with a reef tank?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,649
Reaction score
67,833
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an Android tablet that usually just sits around...it's actually really nice, but I don't have any good user for it. I es considering selling it, but recently I was wondering if there were any controllers or other equipment that might be workable with the tablet.
 
Sure woudl be nice to turn an old device into a web server or touchscreen interface for my Reefkeeper.. sadly, not gonna happen.
 
Turn it into a monitoring station for an APEX...

That's what I was wondering about. I've not got a controller of any kind yet, but am thinking about setting up an Apex. Would that work as a primary control station??
 
If you have a camera on your tablet, you can do this.

I probably wouldn't use this tablet for this, but I may pick up a cheap smart phone and set it up. Very cool! Thanks for sharing!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new